||General Description of Position:
The Administrative Assistant will assist on general administrative functions related to the services provided by the Oficina de Protección de la Calidad del Cielo del Norte de Chile – OPCC . The Administrative Assistant will assist to coordinate international
meetings, prepare quarterly newsletters, administer the divisional website, and must keep the information updated and accurate.
• Sets up appointments, video/tele-conferences and meetings
• Translates documents from Spanish into English and vice-versa
• Receives/answers telephone calls & Faxes, gets and sends mail to staff
• Formats and types formal letters and manuscripts
• Communicates and maintains good relationships with local authorities, Chilean Universities, Observatory committees etc.
• Communicates with local and national media press and people requesting/ offering services, coordination of interviews, filming crews, etc.
• Prepares purchase requisitions
• Occasionally receives visitors at airport and at the summit.
• All AURA employees are responsible for the proper management and control of all AURA property within their work area, whether assigned to them or someone else. This responsibility includes reporting any known missing, stolen, or non-working property in their
work area to their supervisor or the AURA Property Officer.
||• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Communication or related area.
• Experience: 2 to 3 years of secretarial and administrative experience. Must be fluent in both English and Spanish
• Must possess strong organizational skills, the ability to coordinate, cooperate and interface with all levels of personnel both internal and external to the organization.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License; clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Must possess - sufficient mobility, strength, or dexterity in both arms and hands and both legs to a) reach upward, sideways, downward to work with paper files; b) sufficient mobility and dexterity to utilize computer systems, fax machines, copiers, and other
• Must possess – 1) ability to read and understand instructions, drawings, safety guides, and other written materials necessary to perform job; 2) sufficient visual capacity to
perform the applicable functions without assistance of visual aids other than eye contacts or eye glasses; 3) sufficient spoken aural capacity to hear and understand instructions, warning bells, fire alarms, or shouted instructions without assistance of auditory
aids other than a hearing aid; and 4) ability to impart information orally so that others understand and can respond appropriately
||Send This Job to a Friend