Performs basic duties at proficient level and more advanced functions as required in the preparation and serving of food within the Dining Facility under supervision of the Food Services Supervisor or designee.
- Prepares and assists in cooking meals per planned menu.
- Makes fresh soups, salads and sauces as required.
- Prepares night or box lunches as requested.
- Assists in planning and preparing meal portions to limit waste.
- Serves food to staff and visitors.
- Cleans cooking utensils, dishes and kitchen area as required.
- Prepares and stores leftovers to prevent spoilage.
- May assist in menu preparation, food inventory maintenance as required.
- Performs other tasks as required.
- Employs safe operating methods and practices and reports unsafe conditions or procedures. May serve on emergency response team as required.
- Complies with applicable health department guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- At least one-year experience in food preparation with emphasis on cooking. Experience cooking for large groups, preferred.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Communications skills necessary to effectively complete assignments.
- Must obtain certificate with the Pima County Health Department.
- Valid State driver’s license and a valid GSA permit issued by NOAO.
To apply send cover letter and resume, and please include a telephone number where we may contact you during business hours between 8 AM – 3 PM. Please reference Job #18-0015, Cook, when applying. If you have any attachments, please save them with the
following format: 18-0015lastname_docname. Application documents that are not uploaded as part of the application may be sent to
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity
throughout the astronomical scientific workforce. Learn more at
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA does not discriminate
based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state,
and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements which are included for protection
and to assist us in our recordkeeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.
Preference granted to qualified Native Americans living on or near the Tohono O'odham reservation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend