||IT Help Desk User Support Engineer
||IT Help Desk User Support Engineer Responsibilities
• Serving as the first point of contact for LSST users seeking technical assistance by means of JIRA, phone or email.
• Performing troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques, either remotely or in situ, and pertinent questions
• Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the User
• Coordinate all the user support activities along with the IT Team in Tucson to work as a single team.
We are looking for a competent IT Help Desk User Support Engineer to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. Where necessary, you will coordinate with
other IT resources to develop solutions.
An excellent IT Help Desk User Support Engineer must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be user-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help LSST Users to function in an efficient manner
• Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
• Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
• Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
• Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
• Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
• Provide accurate information on IT products or services
• Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
• Follow-up and update customer status and information
• Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
• Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
• Develop user support procedures along with IT Tucson.
• Define hardware and software standards to be offered to users.
• Keep tracking of all the IT assets in Chile by doing periodical inventories or automating asset control.
Proven experience as a help desk technician, engineer, or other customer support role
• Strong background with any of the following (in order of preference):
• Windows as a Server and as a Client.
• MacOS, at user Level.
• LinuxOS as a Client, as a Server desirable.
• Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote control
• Good understanding of computer systems and associated peripheral devices
• Understanding of mobile devices, teleconferencing and VOIP systems, local area networks, and other communications products desirable
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
• Proficiency in English and Spanish, written and spoken
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
• Ingeniero Ejecucion in IT, Computer Science or equivalent field
• ITIL Certification desirable
• Remain current on new technologies via independent research, internal and external training or other avenues available.
• Perform other IT tasks as requested by the I.T Manager LSST management.
• Effectively communicate with users and colleagues
Must have a valid Driver’s License; clean driving record; ability to drive a 4 wheel drive vehicle
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Must possess - sufficient mobility, strength, or dexterity in both arms and hands and both legs to a) reach upward, sideways, downward to work with paper files; b) sufficient mobility and dexterity to utilize computer systems, fax machines, copiers, and other
• Must possess – 1) ability to read and understand instructions, drawings, safety guides, and other written materials necessary to perform job; 2) sufficient visual capacity to perform the applicable functions without assistance of visual aids other than eye
contacts or eye glasses; 3) sufficient spoken aural capacity to hear and understand instructions, warning bells, fire alarms, or shouted instructions without assistance of auditory aids other than a hearing aid; and 4) ability to impart information orally
so that others understand and can respond appropriately
• Some travel may be necessary in or outside Chile.
Ability to work at 8,900’
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend