||Madison - West
||University Woods (Madison West)
||Oakwood Village has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join our University Woods (West Side of Madison) senior living community facility team as a
Admissions Assistant. The University Woods Hebron Oaks Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Admissions Assistant must be dedicated to providing outstanding customer service, as well as respecting the independence, dignity, and individuality of each
resident admitted to Oakwood. The Admission Assistant must have the integrity and drive to continue making improvements for each resident admitted to Oakwood.
This position is accountable to the Patient Relations, Referral and Discharge Manager
The Admissions Assistant is considered a full time benefit eligible position
Why Work at Oakwood?
-403B Retirement Plan
-Paid Time Off
-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance offered
-Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement Program
Job Responsibilities of an Admissions Assistant (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Fully embraces a culture of hospitality and teamwork by living the Oakwood Core Values:
a. Compassion: We care deeply about the people we serve and the people we work with on a daily basis. We work together to help one another.
b. Faith: We have a commitment to remain true to the vision and mission of Oakwood.
c. Inclusion: We include everyone. We welcome opinions and strive to consider different perspectives to create fair, welcoming, and accessible experiences for all.
d. Integrity: We work to be transparent and fair. We act with honor and respect for our residents, their families, and our co-workers.
e. Dedication: We care about the people we serve and work with on a daily basis. We are dedicated to providing superior service to one another and our community.
- Serves as the primary intake person for the SNF admissions while providing a high degree of customer service to all our residents.
- Conducts tours and instructs other staff members to do facility tours when available along with admission paperwork and room readiness including room binders.
- Serves as the primary person for completing transition follow up phone calls.
- Assists Patient Relations, Referral and Discharge Manager with missing items, scanning/filing, and faxing.
- Works with the Hebron Oaks team to evaluate and screen prospective residents, continue updates of the referral log, admission calendar, and QAPI information.
- Provides residents and families with the most up-to-date information about living at Oakwood based on the continuum of care concept and services.
- Advocates for new admissions to make the process of admission go as smoothly as possible which includes being the go to person when an admission first arrives, and the primary person completing the admission packets and coordinating room turns and verifies
the room readiness.
- Completes other duties as assigned
||Job Qualifications of an Admission Assistant (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Trustworthy, dependable and ethical with wiliness to accept suggestion and direction.
- Possess a genuine caring and ability to relate well to residents and families.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a professional, accurate, and conscientious manner.
- Ability to maintain and protect the confidentiality of information.
- Excellent oral and written communication, empathy and human relation skills
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize projects and work day.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment.
- Working knowledge of Windows-based operating systems and EMRs.
- Must be comfortable in clinical settings and familiar with various nursing home payor mixes and the related challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to relate and maintain positive relationships with prospective residents, families, and other community contacts.
- Ability to maintain and protect confidential information.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
- Possesses high-level of skills in communication and human relations.
- Willingness to be flexible with hours in order to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective teamwork in meeting the mission of Oakwood.
Job Experience/Training Required of an Admission Assistant (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree in Social Work, Nursing, or Health Care related field preferred.
- Three years’ experience in a long-term care facility or comparable setting preferred.
- Experience and/or training with computer software programs.
||Send This Job to a Friend