||Oakwood Village has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join our Prairie Ridge (East Side of Madison) senior living community facility team as a
Production Cook III.Our Production Cook III is responsible for the preparation of nutritious, attractive, and tasty food. The Production Cook III also provides leadership to other Dining Services staff in the areas of portion control and meal
presentation and communicates daily with other cook staff relating to production needs.
The Production Cook III position has multiple shifts available:
- 40 hours every two weeks with varied hours based on department need, majority of shifts would be scheduled 10:30am-7:00pm
- 80 hours every two weeks on the breakfast/AM shift from 6:00am-2:30pm
Why Work at Oakwood?
-Great pay starting at $13.24 plus an additional $0.75 for hours worked on 2nd Shift and weekends (We also pay for experience as well)
-403B Retirement Plan
-Paid Time Off for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance offered for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement Program
Job Responsibilities of a Production Cook III (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
-Responsible for adhering to published production forecasts and portion control to minimize waste.
-Responsible for preparation of all food, according to menu and modified diets; using standardized menus.
-Responsible for relaying changes in menu and changes in production procedures as directed by the Executive Chef and recording any changes.
-Responsible for maintaining and rotating stock to assure quality products, as well as completing inventory.
-Responsible for storage, labeling, and dating of food items.
-Maintains cleanliness, safety, and appearance of the kitchen including cleaning assignments.
-Maintains temperature standards as well as the documentation of serving temperatures of meals.
-Reviews new recipes and menu planning ideas.
-Assuring that meals are presented in an attractive and appealing manner.
Job Qualifications of a Production Cook III (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
-Two years prior experience in quantity production cooking preferred.
-High school education or equivalency preferred.
-Knowledge of food preparation, modified diets, and proper food handling techniques required.
- Ability to carry out job responsibilities in an accurate, flexible, and conscientious manner in a fast-paced, multiple kitchen environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work load.
- Ability to effectively communicate with residents and staff members.
- Ability to work within established policies and procedures.
- Ability to provide leadership that fosters a team approach in meeting the mission of Oakwood.
- Willingness to accept a weekend and holiday work schedule.