||Cook Team Lead
||Prairie Ridge Dining Services
||Prairie Ridge (Madison East)
||Oakwood Village is seeking a Cook IV to work in our Prairie Ridge Dining Services Department. The Cook IV is responsible for the overall preparation of food within the production environment. This position will lead other production staff in the preparation
of therapeutically accurate, attractively presented and cost effective meals. This position will supervise production cooks in the absence of the Executive Chef and will be empowered to make production decisions based on resident needs when warranted. This
position is accountable to the Executive Chef.
1. Responsible for adhering to published production forecasts and portion control to minimize waste. Will report shortages of food and overage's of food.
2. Responsible for leading production staff and the replacement of production staff in the absence of the Executive Chef, Kitchen Manager or Assistant Kitchen Manager, to include leadership at all times in the production areas.
3. Will provide leadership to kitchen staff during the absence of the Executive Chef, Kitchen Manager or Assistant Kitchen Manager.
4. Responsible for the orientation and on site training of staff relating to portioning, food presentation, production methods and sanitation.
5. Responsible for the preparation of meals, according to menu and modified diets; using standardized recipes; will monitor food delivery to units and dining rooms during meals for quality of service and menu accuracy.
6. Responsible for relating changes in menu and production procedures as directed by the Kitchen Manager.
7. Responsible for utilizing correct HACCP and sanitation procedures in the process of frozen products.
8. Responsible for the cleaning and monitoring of work areas to provide safe sanitary work surfaces and equipment.
9. Responsible for maintaining temperature standards for equipment, food production and food presentation.
10. Will attend staff development and in-services for continued development within the Oakwood Dining Team.
11. Responsible for serving on in-house committees as needed.
12. Responsible for meeting customer satisfaction within Oakwood policies.
13. Responsible for other duties including ordering/purchasing and stocking to support the chef and the overall operation as needed.
The position is 80 hours every two weeks, with a normal shift of 10:30am-7:00m including every other weekend.
1. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work load.
2. Ability to carry out job responsibilities in and accurate, flexible and conscientious manner within a fast paced multiple kitchen environment.
3. Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
4. Knowledge of quantity food preparation, modified diets and proper food handling techniques
5. Ability to communicate effectively with the residents and staff members.
6. Ability to work within established policies and procedures.
7. Ability to lead dining staff to provide excellent customer service to residents, families and staff.
8. Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective teamwork in meeting the mission of Oakwood.
9. Must be flexible with scheduling and willing to accept weekend/holiday work and occasional overtime as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
1. High school education or equivalency required.
2. Minimum 3 years quantity food production experience and/or training in a related setting.
3. Minimum 1 year customer service experience.
4. Minimum 1 year of leadership experience.
5. Quantity cooking education desired
||Send This Job to a Friend