||University Woods (Madison West)
||Oakwood Village has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join our University Woods (West Side of Madison) senior living community facility team as a
Certified Nursing Assistant. This position is responsible for personal care of the residents, care of the resident environment special treatments and procedures, reporting, and recording information.
This position is accountable to a licensed nurse who has been designated to supervise.
Don’t have experience? Not a problem, WE CAN TRAIN YOU!
The Certified Nursing Assistant in our Skilled Nursing Facikity have multiple shifts available:
- Full Time and Part Time on the AM shift from 6:30am-2:30pm
- Part Time on the PM shift from 2:30pm-10:30pm
- Part Time on the NOC shift from 10:30pm-6:30am
Why Work at Oakwood?
-Great pay starting at $15.15 plus an additional $0.75 for hours worked on 2nd Shift and weekends (We also pay for experience as well)
-403B Retirement Plan
-Paid Time Off for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance offered for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement Program
Job Responsibilities of a Certified Nursing Assistant (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Provides assistance with hygiene, toileting, repositioning, dressing, eating and mobility for assigned residents.
- Provides timely care. Answers residents signal system promptly and places signal within residents reach.
- Reports changes in a resident's physical, emotional, and spiritual status to the nurse.
- Assists residents going to and from activities and the dining room.
- Exhibits proper standard precautions while providing care and utilization of PPE (personal protective equipment) as indicated.
- Assists residents with the restorative nursing program including, but not limited to, passive range of motion and active range of motion, ambulation with appropriate assistive devices, and use of gait belt.
- Works closely with therapy departments and follows appropriate instructions and recommendations for safe ambulation and transfer of residents.
- Keeps residents’ rooms neat, orderly, and clean.
- Restocks supplies as needed.
- Makes beds and provides clean linen as needed.
- Receives daily assignments.
- Reviews Care Plan, as well as CNA care sheet to provide care per resident’s plan of care.
- Discusses and reports Care Plan changes on assigned residents to the nurse if changes are indicated.
- Accurately charts all care provided as indicated per plan of care
- Attends staff meetings and in-services as appropriate.
- Attends/completes annual education as assigned.
||Job Qualifications of a Certified Nursing Assistant (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Commitment to quality services for the residents.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to talk with people and show understanding of other's views.
- Ability to learn and to apply principles, methods, techniques, and attitudes required in geriatric nursing assistant care.
- Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective teamwork in meeting the mission of Oakwood.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and be accurate in a variety of duties.
- Willingness to follow Oakwood policies and procedures.
- Ability to observe changes in mental, physical, and spiritual conditions of residents and report any changes to a nurse.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
Job Experience/Training required of a Certified Nursing Assistant (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Must be a certified nursing assistant through an accredited program and certification current on State Registry.
- Grade school education required; high school education preferred.
- Prior CNA experience preferred (1-2 years).
- Minimum age – 18.
||Send This Job to a Friend