||Oakwood Village has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join our Prairie Ridge (East Side of Madison) senior living community facility team as a
Certified Nursing Assistant. Our Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for personal care of the residents, care of the resident environment special treatments and procedures, reporting, and recording information.
Don’t have experience? Not a problem, WE CAN TRAIN YOU!
The Certified Nursing Assistant position has multiple shifts available:
- Per Diem
-Full Time or Part Time on the AM shift from 7:00am-12:30pm
-Full Time or Part Time on the PM shift from 3:00pm-10:00pm and 4:30pm-8:30pm
We are now offering new, unique and flexible NOC shift hours:
-Full Time or Part Time on the NOC shift from 9:00p-5:00a, 11:00p-5:00a, 11:00p-7:00a and/or 12:30a-7:00a
- We also have schedule options in our Assisted Living as well!
Why Work at Oakwood?
-Great pay starting at $15.15 plus an additional $0.75 for hours worked on 2nd Shift and weekends as well as
$1.25 extra per hour for hours worked on the NOC shift (We also pay for experience as well)
- Per Diem rate of pay $16.00 (flat rate of pay)
-403B Retirement Plan
-Paid Time Off for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance offered for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement Program
Job Responsibilities of a Certified Nursing Assistant (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Provides assistance with hygiene, dressing, feeding, and mobility for assigned residents.
- Gives complete baths and shampoos as assigned, including trimming of the nails except on diabetics.
- Assists in turning residents, positioning residents, and changing soiled linens every two hours and as necessary.
- Answers residents’ signal system promptly.
- Reports changes in a resident's physical, emotional, and spiritual status to the nurse supervisor
- Prepares residents for mealtime, and serves them based on their care plan.
- Assists residents going to and from activities and the dining room.
- Helps to maintain/improve quality of life.
- Ambulates and transfers residents using the gait belt or mechanical lifting device as stated in policy.
-Assists residents with the restorative nursing program including, but not limited to, passive range of motion and active range of motion, ambulation with appropriate assistive devices, and use of gait belt.
- Works closely with therapy departments for appropriate instructions on new functional maintenance programs and changes in restorative nursing procedures.
- Does vital signs (temperatures, blood pressures, radial pulses, and check respirations).
- Documents care given on CNA record book, bath and skin report, dining and percent record, and in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Attends annual mandatory 12-hour Staff Development sessions and all department-specific mandatories.
- Participates in unit conferences, case reviews, and quarterly staffing on residents, as directed.
Job Qualifications of a Certified Nursing Assistant (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Commitment to quality services for the residents.
- Ability to learn and to apply principles, methods, techniques, and attitudes required in geriatric nursing assistant care.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
-Ability to communicate effectively with the residents.
-Ability to work within established policies and procedures.
-Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective teamwork in meeting the mission of Oakwood Village.
-Willingness to accept a weekend and holiday work schedule.
Job Experience/Training required of a Certified Nursing Assistant (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Must be a certified nursing assistant through an accredited program and certification current on State Registry.
- Grade school education required; high school education preferred.
- Minimum age – 16.