||Oakwood Village has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join our Prairie Ridge (East Side of Madison) senior living community facility team as a
Registered Nurse/License Practical Nurse. Our Registered Nurse is responsible direct resident care, leadership of LPN, MAA, and CNA staff. The RN is also responsible for collaborating with nurses from all shifts, interdisciplinary staff, and
physicians on issues related to the management and coordination of resident care.
The Registered Nurse position has multiple shifts available:
- Per Diem on an as needed basis.
Why Work at Oakwood?
-Great pay starting at $30.00 for the RN position plus an additional
$0.75 for hours worked on 2nd Shift and weekends (We also pay for experience as well)
-New staff members who are hired into RN position classifications are eligible to be awarded $5,000.00 for positions scheduled for 36 hours or more per pay period or $2500.00 for positions scheduled for less than 36 hours per pay period!
-403B Retirement Plan
-Paid Time Off for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance offered for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement Program
Job Responsibilities of a Registered Nurse (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Perform resident care, such as medication, treatment, therapy, admissions/discharge assessments, and education of resident and family.
- Lead the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and documentation of resident condition and care.
- Deliver nursing care in compliance the State of Wisconsin regulations and the Code of Federal regulations.
- Serve as a consultant to the LPN, Med Tech and CNA staff.
- Complete physician order entry, as well as double & triple checks of new physician orders. Complete MAR monthly check of orders as delegated
- Communicate changes in condition to MD, family and team members in a timely manner
- Facilitate development of knowledge and skills of CNAs and other staff nurses.
- Assist in interviewing qualified candidates to meet facility needs.
- Evaluate and report to Supervisor/DON/NHA efficacy of staffing pattern.
- Ensure families of residents are knowledgeable of resident status and prognosis.
- In coordination with Human Resources Staff Development, provide in-service to other staff members.
- Attend continuing education offerings to maintain current knowledge of trends and practices in nursing and long term care.
Job Qualifications of a RN (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Knowledge of both the State of Wisconsin regulations and the Code of Federal regulations, preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicare requirements, preferred
- Ability to use independent judgment and make sound decisions, required.
-Ability to communicate effectively with the residents.
-Ability to work within established policies and procedures.
-Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective teamwork in meeting the mission of Oakwood Village.
-Willingness to accept a weekend and holiday work schedule.
Job Experience/Training Required of a RN (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Wisconsin, required.
- CPR certified preferred.
- Knowledgeable in geriatric care, preferred.