||Oakwood Village has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join our University Woods (West Side of Madison) senior living community facility team as a
Resident Assistant. Our Resident Assistants/Certififed Nursing Assistants are responsible for personal care of the residents, care of the resident environment special treatments and procedures, reporting, and recording information.
Don’t have experience? Not a problem, WE CAN TRAIN YOU! As long has you have some direct care experience.
The Resident Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistants in our Assisted Living have multiple shifts available:
- Full Time and Part Time on the PM shift from 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Part time on the NOC shift from 11:00pm-7:00am
Why Work at Oakwood?
-Great pay starting at $13.00. If you are a Certified Nursing Assistant starting pay is at
$15.15 plus an additional $0.75 for hours worked on 2nd Shift and weekends (We also pay for experience as well).
-403B Retirement Plan
-Paid Time Off for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance offered for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement Program
Job Responsibilities of a Resident Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant
(Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Provides assistance to the residents as needed, with activities of daily living. This includes: bathing, dressing grooming, personal laundry, management of incontinence, housekeeping, and dining services
- Provides health services to residents that meet their physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual needs and preferences. Based on care provided in each program, physical needs may include completion of one or two person transfers, use of mechanical
lifting devices, feeding, etc.
- Following completion of medication and other training, is responsible for the distribution of medications and performance of prescribed treatments under the supervision of a licensed nurse and according to state regulation. Completes medication error forms
- Responds to emergencies providing first aid treatment per training and notifying emergency personnel, physicians, families and the program lead worker or campus nurse on duty, the RN Supervisor/Health Coordinator, Program Director or Administrator on Call
as appropriate to the situation. Completes incident report forms as appropriate.
- Periodically reviews documentation of vital signs and monitors for significant changes in the resident’s condition or behavior, records this information in the resident record and reports these changes to the Health Coordinator/RN Supervisor or Program Director.
- Assists in providing and performing activities to small and large groups of residents as assigned including informing residents of activity schedule and encouraging attendance.
- Assist in transporting residents as needed within the Oakwood campus, and in arranging for medical appointments and transportation when needed. Monitor appointment schedule and remind residents.
- Performs pet care and maintenance tasks in applicable programs. Pet care includes maintaining clean litter boxes (per facility-specific cleaning schedule), feeding and watering pets, trimming claws, brushing pets, etc.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned
- Participates in developing and implementing resident’s individual service plan as assigned.
- Available for on-call hours.
Job Qualifications of a Resident Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistants (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Commitment to quality services for our Residents.
- Ability to learn and to apply principles, methods, techniques, and attitudes required in geriatric nursing assistant care.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
-Ability to communicate effectively with the residents.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and be accurate in a variety of duties.
-Ability to work within established policies and procedures.
-Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective teamwork in meeting the mission of Oakwood Village.
-Willingness to accept a weekend and holiday work schedule.
Job Experience/Training required of a Resident Assistant (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Completion of required CBRF and Oakwood training within time frames dictated by state regulation and Oakwood policy preferred.
- Prior experience in working with elderly in an assisted living environment is desired.
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years old.