||Senior Commercial Review Appraiser
Mechanics Bank is currently hiring a Sr. Commercial Review Appraiser based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Walnut Creek. You will provide production appraisal and/or appraisal review services to the bank related to either residential
or commercial real estate.
What you will do:
Manage appraisal and environmental assignments which include:
- Determine appropriate report type, based on property type and proposed loan characteristics per policy;
- Bid and award appraisal assignments to external/fee appraisers and environmental consultants;
- Answer procedural and technical questions from internal team members, fee appraisers and environmental consultants;
- Review appraisal to ensure they are in compliance with current regulatory requirements (USPAP, Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines) and standard appraisal methodology;
- Prepare administrative reviews of environmental reports. All Environmental Technical reviews are prepared by external Environmental Professional/Reviewer;
- Ensure report and review are completed within established timing requirements.
- Within the appraisal review process, reviewer will evaluate whether submitted data and analyses as well as value conclusions are complete, accurate, adequate, relevant and reasonable.
- Identify any relevant deficiencies contained in the appraisal report and discuss and determine resolution with fee appraiser. In the event both parties disagree, reviewer will need to address all significant issues in the review, which may include modifying
the analyses and conclusions within the review.
- Elevates issues and/or provides recommendations to the Chief Appraiser regarding challenging appraisal issues.
- Assists with approval of appraisers for Bank fee panel which includes reviewing sample appraisals and contacting references.
- Participates in maintaining accurate data on all department systems (i.e. RIMS) of all jobs processed by the Department. Assists in maintenance of appraisal and review job files.
- Assists with annual review of fee panel appraisers to ensure continuing competency and responsiveness of approved panel members.
- Attends professional continuing education courses as needed to maintain license and professional designation, if applicable, in good standing.
Who you are:
Performs appraisal reviews of third-party appraisals, may be complex in nature. Confers with Senior Management, Relationship Managers and Financial Analysts regarding complex appraisal and environmental issues. Following skills and competencies are required
for the position:
- Active General Certified Appraiser License in CA
- Minimum of 5 years of appraisal experience; 2 of which are review
- Familiar with the valuation of all property types including multifamily, retail, office and industrial
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Detail oriented
- Strong understanding of USPAP
- Strong analytical, writing and verbal skills
- Location preference is Walnut Creek for the position.
- Appraisal Institute Designation or Candidate for Designation is preferred.