||What we do:
Rain for Rent moves water every day. We are the leading provider of temporary liquid handling solutions and are known for our systems engineering expertise, ability to tackle complex jobs cost effectively, and providing high value to organizations with critical
liquid management issues. Our experienced teams, backed by skilled engineers, are continually working to redefine what is expected from a liquids handling provider by developing new equipment and harnessing technology for the most demanding environments. Our
Rain for Rent solutions exceed customers’ expectations for service and quality for their water-handling, irrigation and temporary liquid-storage problems. We strive to effectively and efficiently complete projects safely, on time and the right the first time.
• Rain for Rent is Liquid Ingenuity
Rain for Rent’s employees are proud to work for this family owned business which has been in business for more than 80 years. We are committed to providing consistent, quality products and services to customers across the U.S., Canada and the UK from more than
65 locations. Honesty and integrity are valued at Rain for Rent and employees are committed to exceeding expectations for service and quality to our customers.
As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of buyers in acquiring materials and manufactured goods while leveraging buying power to increase profit margins and Return on Rental. You will also be responsible for driving cost reduction
initiatives, driving strategic sourcing plans within the team’s designated product and material lines. Duties include:
• Assisting with selecting and managing suppliers, as well as contracting services.
• Leading a team in the procurement of goods on a national level through the use of company procurement software.
• Creating and implementing training based on the proper use and functions of company procurement software for branch staff and internal departments.
• Identifying and implementing opportunities to reduce costs and improve service from Vendors.
• Leading cross-functional efforts to transition work from supplier to supplier or from our plant to a supplier.
• Analyzing, designing, planning, direct and coordinate assigned projects to meet performance targets, project expectations, project timelines and capital spending limits.
• Owning and updating Cost Savings KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
• Working Collaboratively to launch new products and source products and vendors for new markets.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school in field of Mechanical or Industrial Engineering required, or Bachelor’s in business with experience related to equipment
• Minimum 3 years manufacturing or product experience including cost reduction, 5 years experience preferred; 3 years of prior management experience with direct reports required, 5 years preferred
• Experience with PC based software required
• Experience with implementation of pull-system replenishment systems in supplier/vendor relationships, lean manufacturing
• Project management experience required, including demonstrated project management, analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
• Six Sigma. Lean certification, APICS and/or CPM a plus
• International sourcing experience desired
• Knowledge of liquids handling and storage a plus
||Send This Job to a Friend
||Refer a Friend for This Job