- Normally enrolled as college graduate or undergraduate student in relevant field of study
- Must be well organized and have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and to commit to achieving high quality results.
- An understanding of traditional systems engineering processes (as defined by the International Council on Systems Engineering – INCOSE)
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering as demonstrated by course work and/or experience.
- Experience with the Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and/or the Unified Modeling Language (UML) is desirable.
- An interest in systems engineering, computer science, astronomy, or optics
Please list 3 professional references in your application. Please attach a letter of interest and CV/resume (PDF Files preferred) to your application. Please name any attachments with the following format: 17-0204LastnameDocname. Application documents
that are not uploaded as part of the application may be sent to email@example.com
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity
throughout the astronomical scientific workforce. Learn more at http://www.aura-astronomy.org/diversity.asp.
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA does not discriminate
based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state,
and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements which are included for protection
and to assist us in our recordkeeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.
Preference granted to qualified Native Americans living on or near the Tohono O'odham reservation.