||The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI), located on the Johns Hopkins University Campus in Baltimore, MD, is the science operations center for the Hubble Space Telescope and the science and mission operations center for the James Webb Space Telescope,
scheduled to launch in October, 2018.
The Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) at Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) is seeking a Branch Manager who will be responsible for the Institute’s collaboration and application support services. The successful candidate will be an experienced
staff manager abreast of current enterprise application support processes and software development/process/project management disciplines.
• Work as an integral part of the IT Division’s Management Team in support of improving
the breadth and depth of the IT staff’s contribution to the missions of STScI. This includes
strategic planning, project and portfolio management, application development, and
service management leadership.
• Manage a staff of approximately 10 database administrators, systems engineers,
application support administrators, and web development staff.
• Identify, engineer, implement, and support new collaboration and software development
tools and processes.
• Manage STScI’s broad and diverse database infrastructure in support of Institute
operations, engineering, science, and mission objectives.
• Support the full range of collaboration services at the Institute including but not limited
to e-mail, voice, chat, file sharing, Intranet/wiki, and enterprise content management.
• Coordinate development and technical business requirements with our outreach division.
||Qualified candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with an advanced degree preferred, preferably in the field of information systems or computer science. A minimum of 15 years of progressive technical expertise and at least 5 years of management experience
is required. Substitution of relevant education or experience for the stated qualifications may be considered.
• Proven experience with ITIL. Certification preferred.
• Experience with waterfall and agile project management practices. Certification
• DevOps experience is a plus.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Proven technical leadership experience.
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident. ITAR clearance is required.
TO APPLY: STScI offers an excellent benefits package, tuition reimbursement, competitive salaries, and a stimulating work environment. Interested candidates are requested to complete an on-line application through our website at
http://www.stsci.edu/jobs or the “Apply On-line” link at the bottom of this posting. Please provide a resume in the "Resume Upload Section." Please include job #17-0191 in the filename. Applications received by October
20, 2017 will receive full consideration.
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity throughout
the astronomical scientific workforce. Learn more at
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA and all of the centers, do
not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable
federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements which are included
for protection and to assist us in our record keeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
Veterans, disabled individuals or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Voted to the Baltimore Magazine Hall of Fame in 2015 – Top 25 Places to Work in Baltimore.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend