- Significant experience (4+ years) of designing, developing and shipping cloud-based solutions for data intensive analysis tasks
- Experience leading the development of complex technical projects with multiple peers
- Strong proficiency in Web Services (RESTful APIs, SOAP etc)
- Extensive experience of developing solutions in virtualized/containerized environments such as AWS, OpenStack, Docker, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
Good to have:
- Experience of contributing to open source
- Experience of working in a security-compliant (ITAR) environment
- Experience of developing computing infrastructure to support academic users
- Experience developing automated monitoring and reporting tools (e.g. Nagios)
- Experience of working with (and migrating) legacy codebases
Interested candidates are requested to complete an on-line application through our website at
http://www.stsci.edu/jobs. Please provide a CV/resume and a cover letter stating your interest in the position and qualifications you bring to the position in the "Resume Upload Section." Please include job # 16-0368
in the filename. Applications received by 1/27/17 will receive full consideration.
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the
advancement of diversity throughout the astronomical scientific workforce. Learn more at http://www.aura-astronomy.org/diversity.asp.
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
AURA and all of the centers, do not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally
protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting
requirements which are included for protection and to assist us in our recordkeeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals
to apply for these opportunities.
Veterans, disabled individuals or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Voted to the Baltimore Magazine Hall of Fame in 2015 – Top 25 Places to Work in Baltimore.