Candidates require a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in animation, art and design, film and video, multimedia or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Fluent understanding of the principles of design, 2D motion design and 3D animation
• Understanding of color theory and how to effectively apply color to different designs Technical Skills:
• Proficient in Autodesk Maya, Adobe Creative Cloud (AE, PS, PR)
• Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro Collaborative Skills
• Excellent customer service skills; proactive, collaborative, and responsible
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to communicate through multiple channels with various audiences at every level of understanding
• Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to plan, manage, and execute multiple tasks within schedule and scope
• Ability to contribute as part of a team and build consensus by actively listening, and giving and receiving constructive feedback
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail
• Ability to adhere to established standards and practices, proactively communicating progress of projects and maintaining an archive of work
Interested applicants are requested to complete an on-line application through our website at
http://www.stsci.edu/jobs and attach a resume in the Resume Upload section. Please include #16-0274 in the file name. Applications received by October 21, 2016 will receive full consideration.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, STScI does not discriminate because of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, or mental or physical handicap.
Veterans, disabled or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at email@example.com. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V