The Space Telescope Science Institute is the science operations center for the Hubble Space Telescope and the science and mission operations center for the James Webb Space Telescope. The JWST office is seeking a well-round administrative professional to
help lead work in the dynamic department. STScI is located on the Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus in Baltimore, MD. You will have access to comprehensive benefits, competitive salaries and a diverse and inclusive work environment that supports well-being and
balance. See what it is like to work at STScI:
The Administrative Lead will be responsible for providing coordination and completion of significant activities in the exciting environment of the JWST Mission Office. As a proficient member of the Office’s administrative team, this lead position will be
expected to independently perform a variety of both basic and advanced administrative functions.
This position will report to the Business Support Branch Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities—
- Utilize established processes and efficiencies to accomplish a wide broad range of administrative support requirements.
- Review and process travel documents for compliance with contract and business constraints and specific Mission Office requirements.
- Communicate and coordinate with diverse internal and external constituents including high-level partners.
- Administer procurement activities for the Office, from creation of Purchase Requisitions through payment of invoices.
- Aid in the maintenance of Mission Office websites and department charts.
- Provide support to Mission Office meetings and events.
- Handle housing requirements and property database for the Mission Office.
You should have excellent and validated skills in the following areas:
Ø professional and effective customer service.
Ø professional and effective verbal and written communication;
Ø interpersonal skills and ability to develop partnerships, utilized to deal effectively with all levels of employees and across multiple teams;
Success is defined by:
Ø Comfortable with the urgency of multiple high-priority demands. Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and projects.
Ø Self-starter, exhibiting strong initiative and use of independent discernment. Proven ability to interpret and follow established policies and procedures, with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
Ø Effectively works as part of a team as well as to work independently.
Ø Sharp attention to detail, time management, and organization.
Ø Enthusiasm for new, meaningful activities, requiring creative thinking, problem solving, and the ability to quickly learn and implement new skills and/or processes.
Ø Strong computer experience and facility with a range of computer-based office tools and major software packages including the Microsoft Office suite. Prior use of CostPoint preferred.