||Sr. Administrative Assistant
The Space Telescope Science Institute, located on the campus of Johns Hopkins University, is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of specifically-assigned STScl meetings and workshops.
This three year term position will report to the Business Supervisor of the Events Planning Group (EPG).
Duties & Responsibilities-
• Utilize established processes and efficiencies to accomplish assigned aspects of event planning, execution, and close-out.
• Maintain current awareness of policies & procedures as related to event planning.
• Build and maintain excellent partnerships with BRC departments and other internal partners.
• Develop a working knowledge of the event planning product.
• Utilize an established process for retaining history of previous events.
Qualified candidates will have proven skills in the following areas: professional customer service, effective verbal and written communication and ability to connect with all levels of employees on an interpersonal level.
- Comfortable with the urgency of multiple work demands. Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and projects.
- Exhibits initiative and use of independent judgment. Demonstrated ability to interpret and follow established policies and procedures, with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work as part of a team as well as to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Strong skills in the areas of attention to detail, organization, and time management.
- Proven ability to accept new challenges and to quickly learn and implement new skills and processes.
- Strong computer experience and facility with a range of computer-based office tools and major software packages including the Microsoft Office suite. Prior use of conference-planning software preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college coursework preferred,
- 6-10 years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Prior experience providing effective partnership in team projects.
Interested applicants are requested to complete an on-line application through our website at
www.stsci.edu/jobs and attach a resume in the Resume Upload section. Please include #17-0150 in the file name. Applications received by July 25, 2017 will receive full consideration.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, STScI does not discriminate because of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, or mental or physical handicap. Veterans, disabled
or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend