The successful candidate will possess outstanding customer service skills and a dependable commitment to a Monday through Friday work week with hours from 9-5 daily. Routine exercise of independent judgment, initiative and ability to manage highly confidential
information is required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three to five years of solid experience in an administrative support role or equivalent. Experience in an academic, scientific or technical environment preferred. In addition to the following:
• Self-starter, exhibiting strong initiative in executing responsibilities.
• Innovative thinker and problem solver.
• Strong attention to detail is critical.
• Ability to quickly learn new skills and processes.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills essential.
• Proven experience working with CONFIDENTIAL materials and information.
• Comfortable and fully-proficient working as a part of a team, as well as independently.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Keynote and other standard office programs.
• Established record of providing outstanding customer service.
Interested applicants are requested to complete an on-line application through our website at
www.stsci.edu/jobs and attach a resume in the Resume Upload section. Please include #17-0192 in the file name. Applications received by September 18, 2017 will receive full consideration. STScI provides competitive salaries
and comprehensive benefits.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, STScI does not discriminate because of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, or mental or physical handicap. Veterans,
disabled or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at email@example.com. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V