To be successful in this role, you should possess:
Real passion for space related topics.
Experience designing for web-based platforms, with deep understanding of web development concepts and tools.
Proficiency with design software, HTML coding, and front-end design, UI, and Web IA.
Command of composition, typography, and illustration is essential.
Understanding and working with technical information while holding a diverse range of skills, including creative thinking, design, and craftsmanship.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in web design, web development, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent understanding of the principles of design and fundamental understanding of typography
- Command of color theory and how to effectively apply color to different designs
- Solid knowledge of CSS and HTML5
- Experience with Bootstrap or other responsive frameworks
- UI/UX knowledge and mindset & experience coding emails in HTML
- Experience with third-party web platforms (e.g. Squarespace)
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience creating eBooks is a plus
- Experience preparing works of design for print-based products
- Excellent customer service skills; enthusiastic, collaborative, and responsible
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong teammate with ability to build consensus by actively listening, and giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to established standards and practices
- Ability to communicate progress of projects and maintaining an archive of work
Interested applicants are requested to complete an on-line application through our website at
http://www.stsci.edu/opportunities and attach a resume in the Resume Upload section. Please include #18-0022 in the file name. Applications received by March 31, 2018 will receive full consideration.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, STScI does not discriminate because of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, or mental or physical handicap.
Individuals with disabilities, veterans or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at email@example.com. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V