||Far-distant galaxies from the beginning of time. Fiery stars born in clouds of gas and dust. You've seen the pictures; now be a part of the history. Join the team that operates and manages the Hubble Space Telescope and its successor, the James Webb Space
Telescope. Experience the wonder of 21st century space exploration in a job that offers a competitive salary and generous benefits. The Space Telescope Science Institute, located on the Johns Hopkins University Campus in Baltimore, Md., is seeking an Accounting
Assistant to support the Accounting Department (Business Resource Center Division). This position will perform a variety of administrative accounting functions and works closely with both staff and Division Management.
Primary responsibilities include timely and accurate:
• Invoice payment processing and verification
• Check request processing
• Travel authorizations and expense report processing
• Check writing and EFT remittance preparation
• Vendor maintenance and vendor statement research
• Research and response to customer inquiries
• Reconciliations of General Ledger accounts related to Accounts Payable
This position requires:
- Previous experience with Deltek’s CostPoint accounting system
- 2-4 years of previous Accounts Payable experience
STScI offers an excellent benefits package, tuition reimbursement, competitive salaries, and a stimulating environment. Interested candidates are requested to complete an on-line application, attach a resume in the "Resume Upload Section." Please include
job #17-0112 in the filename. Resumes received by June 15, 2017 will receive full consideration.
Committed to the benefits of diversity, we strongly encourage qualified women and minority candidates to apply. Veterans, disabled or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at email@example.com. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend