Qualified Candidates must have :
1. Working knowledge of commercial air conditioning, refrigeration, environmental controls and instrumentation electric distribution and service, and controls.
2. Ability to work on package chillers, cooling towers, air handler units, fans, and other mechanical equipment.
3. General knowledge of Industrial Water Treatment for HVAC systems.
4. Working knowledge of fire protection systems and general building codes.
5. Working knowledge of building maintenance.
6. Skills and ability to thread pipe, soldering tubing, and troubleshooting electrical system problems.
7. General knowledge and abilities for roofing, and carpentry work preferred, but not required.
8. Ability to operate material handling equipment preferred, not required. (fork lift, uni-loader).
9. Ability to perform manual tasks requiring a full range of body movements.
10. Ability to lift heavy objects up to 75 pounds.
11. Basic computer proficiency required (PC, JC Metasys).
Graduation from High school or equivalent or optional technical school training in HVAC/Electrical Systems. Experience: Minimum one year in charge of a similar facility, or five years of operational and maintenance experience in an industrial, commercial,
or institutional environment. Note: Substitution of additional relevant education or experience for state qualifications will be considered.
Additional Requirements: 1. First or Second Grade Maryland Stationary Engineer License, or Marine Engineer’s License (3rd asst) preferred. Other State license will be considered. 2. Class “C” Maryland Driver’s License, with clean driving record required.
3. Successful completion of an EPA Accepted Refrigeration and Recovery Certification Program preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made with individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions • The noise level in work environment is usually moderate. • While performing the duties of this job the employee is sometimes exposed to outdoor weather conditions. • The employee is exposed to work near moving mechanical equipment, and may be exposed
to fumes or airborne particles. Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hand to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. • The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms,
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. • The employee must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors as necessary to safely perform
the duties of this job.
Interested candidates are requested to complete an on-line application. Please include job #17-0177 in the filename.
This position will be for a three year contract with option for renewal. Competitve salary and comprehensive benefits provided.
Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications received by September 5, 2017 will receive full consideration. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.