Candidates require a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, astronomy, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven writing abilities
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Have the capacity to understand complex information
• Understanding of voice and tone
• Understanding of style guides
• Interest in astronomy and have working knowledge of theories and practices within the field
• Has the ability to create non-linear forms of writing to fit the dynamic web style, including SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
• eBook experience is a plus
• Excellent customer service skills; proactive, collaborative, and responsible
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to communicate through multiple channels with various audiences at every level of understanding
• Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to plan, manage, and execute multiple tasks within schedule and scope
• Ability to contribute as part of a team and build consensus by actively listening, and giving and receiving constructive feedback
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail
• Ability to adhere to established standards and practices, proactively communicating progress of projects and maintaining an archive of work
Interested candidates are requested to complete an on-line application through our website at
http://www.stsci.edu/jobs and attach ONE PDF including a cover letter and resume in the "Resume Upload Section." Please include job # 16-0281 in the filename. Campaign will stay open until the position has been filled.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
Veterans, disabled or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V