||Join the team that operates and manages the Hubble Space Telescope and its successor, the James Webb Space Telescope. Take part in work at the forefront of astronomy in a job that offers a competitive salary and generous benefits. The Space Telescope Science
Developing code in Java and SQL to implement the Visit files which are used by software on-board the James Webb Space Telescope to drive science operations. A successful candidate will become involved with many aspects of developing science operations software
A successful candidate will become involved with many aspects of test preparation, test readiness reviews and test results reporting.
||Qualified applicants require a minimum of a B.S. degree or higher degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Astrophysics, or a related scientific field, and recent experience in software development and testing for a NASA scientific
spacecraft. Also, qualified candidates will have strong analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills, and a team player mentality.
Job requirements include one or more of the following:
- Experience with scientific spacecraft instrumentation command and control functions.
- The ability to effectively utilize programming technologies to code algorithms that satisfy specified software requirements.
- Experience in designing large complex test systems.
- Working knowledge of software development utilizing relational databases.
Candidates must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident. Qualification for ITAR clearance is required.
Substitution of additional relevant education or experience for stated qualifications may be considered.
Interested applicants are requested to complete an on-line application through our website at
http://www.stsci.edu/jobs and attach a resume in the Resume Upload section. Please include #16-0242 in the file name. Applications received by October 21, 2016 will receive full consideration.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, STScI does not discriminate because of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, or mental or physical disability
and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. Veterans, disabled or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend