||IT Network / Information Security Manager
Join the team that operates the Hubble Space Telescope and its successor, the James Webb Space Telescope. Take part in work at the forefront of astronomy in a job that offers a competitive salary and generous benefits. The Space Telescope Science Institute,
located on the Johns Hopkins University campus in Baltimore, is seeking an IT Network / Information Security Manager.
The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) is seeking a Director of Information Technology (Branch Manager) who will be responsible for the Institute’s data/voice network, information security, and identity management architectures. The successful candidate
will be a strong manager abreast of current technologies and with staff management experience.
- Manage a staff of approximately 10 engineers, architects, and administrators.
- Research, design and direct the implementation of state-of-the-art network technologies and architectures in support of mission and business operations.
- Proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of STScI’s information technology resources. Plan, design, and implement information security systems and policies that ensure the proper balance between staff accessibility and information
- Coordinate compliance reviews to ensure applications and data stores are operating in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Respond to losses, breaches, or misuses on information technology assets in a timely manner.
- Develop robust remote access solutions and network architectures that support STScI staff as well as external collaborators.
- Select, develop, and implement systems in support of identity and access management initiatives.
- Optimize and report on network performance monitoring and utilization.
- Define, measure, and report monthly operational statistics on network utilization, performance, and availability.
Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 15 years of progressive technical expertise in the networking and information security domains.
- Demonstrated staff management experience (5+ years) with the ability to foster individual growth, development, and high morale in a strong team environment.
- Successful history of managing complex projects over long timeframes.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work in high-demand situations.
- Experience in the configuration and management of routers, switches, DNS, firewalls, proxy servers, virtual private networking, remote access solutions, and modern / secure network designs.
- 10+ years relevant experience in planning, design, implementation/engineering role on supporting large enterprise network infrastructures.
- In-depth expertise and working knowledge of information security technology and science supporting encryption, authentication, access control, and information systems attack patterns.
- Extensive experience implementing and supporting NIST SP 800-53 Revision 3 and understanding or Revision 4.
- Proven ability to manage large-scale network projects.
- Familiarity with ITIL and project management practices.
- CCNA/CCNP, CISA, CISSP, CISM, ITIL Foundation, PMP certifications strongly desired.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
Interested candidates are requested to complete an on-line application and attach a resume in the "Resume Upload Section." Please include job 16-0323 in the filename. Resumes received by January 20, 2017 will receive full consideration.
This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence in order to meet ITAR requirements.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, STScI does not discriminate because of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, or mental or physical disability
and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. Veterans, disabled or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend