The Trainer will be responsible for performing VRS training, service calls and new installations in their assigned area. They will train new and existing customers on how to use features & the benefits of SVRS/SIP Relay usage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supply support for the customer base in assigned area. Coordinate with the Sales/Outreach and Marketing groups at educating institutions, customers and organizations as to the benefits of Sorenson VRS and SIP Relay. Participate in seminar and training sessions with deaf constituents on using Sorenson services to communicate with hearing constituents. Travel to customers to ensure Sorenson equipment is functioning properly and provide training as requested. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education, and/or Experience:
The qualified person for this position will have extensive experience in installing Sorenson VRS equipment, providing customer service and be expert in all types of videophone and network installations including T1, DSL and High Speed Cable Internet. This person must also have excellent written and ASL communication skills. Additionally, this person must:
• Have daily access to own trasportation
• Be willing to travel long distances by automobile or airplane and stay overnight.
• Have excellent computer skills and understand the Internet, routers, hubs, switches and how to install them
• Have & maintain personal high speed Internet connection and place of residence
• Must have Sorenson Communications selected as their default provider (with an active Local Number) for VP and mobile devices
• Have understanding of firewalls and be able to work successfully with IT and Network Administrators to open the required ports for Sorenson's equipment
• Be fluent in American Sign Language
Fluent in American Sign Language
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Must be able to lift 50 pounds and sit for long periods of time
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sorenson Communications is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.