Sorenson Communications is expanding our Video Relay Service (http://www.sorensonvrs.com/). As a result we are seeking Interpreters to provide Sign-to-Voice and Voice-to-Sign interpreting services. Part-time positions are available in the US, Puerto Rico and in Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Effectively interpret between American Sign Language (ASL) and spoken English
Maintain, as applicable, compliance with any national, state, or local licensure and/or certification requirements
Demonstrate full compliance with Sorenson standards and policies, FCC regulations and the RID Code of Professional Conduct
Demonstrate full compliance with Sorenson Communications customer service guidelines
Demonstrate full compliance with Sorenson Communications attendance policy
Accurately complete assigned tasks/duties, projects and paperwork promptly and within approved guidelines
The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, in order to meet the demands of the VRS industry, is essential for this position.
Possess the ability to quickly learn and implement new and changing technologies
Work effectively in a team environment; receive support from and provide support to colleagues
Possess the ability to work effectively in an environment with oversight that may include, but is not limited to: call monitoring, mentoring and evaluations
Possess the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic, highly regulated environment
Enhance interpreting skills through continued education training
Demonstrate willingness and ability to complete additional duties and assignments on an ongoing basis
Qualifications, Education, and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 3+ consistent years working as a certified sign language interpreter in a variety of settings
· NAD level IV/V; or a RID CI, CT, CI/CT, CSC; or NIC, NIC Advanced, NIC Master; or hold a state interpreter certificate at the Intermediate or Master Certificate skill levels or have the professional interpreting experience to become a Sorenson VRS interpreter, subject to skill set verification and screening..
Physical Demands (if applicable):
· Sit for extended periods of time at a desk using computer and video equipment while processing VRS calls
· Interpret in ASL and spoken English for extended periods of time
· Possess the ability to work in a variety of environments and lighting arrangements, fully understanding that video relay work must be structured to present the interpreter in the best physical light possible.
· Fast paced, dynamic, highly regulated environment
· Customer service focused
· Collaborative and supportive
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sorenson Communications is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.