Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Retail Jobs
Manufacturing Supervisor 3rd Shift - S.B. Foot Tanning Co.
Take a look at the S.B Foot Tannery video.
S.B. Foot Tanning Co., part of Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. and a world leader in the leather industry for more than 100 years, is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor for our 3rd Shift.
Normal hours: 9:00pm to 6:00am Sunday night to Friday morning.
During Training: Approximately 6-8 weeks on 1st shift Monday-Friday 6:00am-3:00pm
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for efficiently and effectively managing daily operations in an assigned area, including but not limited to handling employee work schedules, developing positive employee morale, coordinating production flows, controlling material and resource utilization, supporting safety and quality practices and procedures, assuring equipment maintenance, and pursuing process improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and empower union employees through effective communication, coaching, training, and enforcement of company policies, while adhering to the existing Labor Agreement.
• Produce leather products consistent with quality expectations of the company and the customer.
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by accepting ownership of policies and procedures, and by adhering to and enforcing company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Provide internal and external customer service consistent with quality and service expectations of the company and the customers, including but not limited to concise and timely communications with both internal and external customers.
• Participate in continuous improvement planning/implementation and establishment of manufacturing performance measures.
• Promote and support lean and continuous improvement events and efforts.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Represent the company in a professional manner.
• Insure a clean and safe work environment.
• Maintain technical and managerial knowledge by participating in formal and informal educational workshops, classes, presentations and programs.
• Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by management.
Internal: Associated manufacturing, maintenance, technical, product development, quality, transportation, logistics, information technology, human resources, accounting and finance departments and personnel.
External: Leather product customers, vendors, contractors, transportation companies.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and three to five years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated effective leadership skills, including the ability to motivate employees to take ownership in the responsibilities of their respective positions and in quality and safety performance
• Successful leadership experience in a union environment
• At least two years of experience managing a process manufacturing department
• Excellent communication skills
• Leather industry knowledge
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Analytical and innovative thinking
• Ability to walk and stand for the majority of an eight-hour shift, including climbing steps
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Factory environment
We will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please. #CB
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Send This Job to a Friend
Red Wing, Minnnesota
Red Wing Shoes
S.B. Foot Tanning Co.
Red Wing Safety