Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Retail Jobs
Lab Technician - S.B. Foot Tanning
S.B. Foot Tanning, Co. is searching for a Lab Technician to perform chemical and physical testing of footwear, leather and raw materials used in the manufacture of leather and footwear. Although the responsibilities of each Lab Technician may vary, all technicians should have a general knowledge of the majority of functions performed in the laboratory. All technicians are trained in laboratory safety procedures and must follow these at all times. All technicians are also responsible for properly maintaining their work area and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct physical testing of leather and footwear using various equipment to evaluate performance of waterproof, strength, finish, breathability, regulatory requirements etc.)
• Conduct chemical testing of leather, bluestock, collagen and raw materials to evaluate for performance, regulatory requirements, etc.
• Analyze results based on a set of standards to determine pass/fail and monitor trends in data using spreadsheet and graphing programs.
• Provide reports of testing results for further analysis or follow-up. Ensure proper filing of documents.
• Miscellaneous duties including housekeeping, collection of samples and information, equipment calibration, etc.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safeguard those assets of the Company under knowledge and control of this position and treat all technical developments, data on Company operations, information on salaries and wages, customer lists, and similar data as Company assets Miscellaneous Projects
• Comply with all government laws and regulations that pertain to the responsibility of the position.
• Ensure that the physical operations in the assigned area of responsibility are conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
• Make maximum efforts toward increasing the profitability of the Company.
• Accept, abide by, and enforce Company policy, procedures, and rules.
• Attend and participate in management, work, and project team meetings.
• Use statistical information as the basis for decisions using SPC controls and trend analysis.
• Participate in Lean initiatives and implement Lean techniques.
Internal: Plant Manager, Technical Director, Production Scheduler, Sales Personnel, Customer Service, Factory office personnel, Superintendents, Plant Supervisors, Quality Group, Director of Product Development, Product Project Managers
External: Auditors from US Military, CSA & UL
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
AA degree with a focus in chemistry and math with 1-3 years of experience in a laboratory testing environment. Position requires training in laboratory safety procedures.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent Organizational Capabilities with the ability to prioritize and accurately carry out several functions at one time.
• Superior communication and teamwork skills are needed to promote efficiency in the lab.
• Standard practices are clearly prescribed but several procedures are used.
• Must analyze facts, determine action, and make decisions frequently.
• Accuracy is extremely important. (A serious mistake or an error in performing the required duties of this job could result in financial loss, dissatisfied customers, and possible injury to job holder and others.
• Strong Computer Skills
• Experience with using instruments such as HPLC, AA, GC.
• Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis.
Infrequent lifting up to 50 pounds – at least 4 hours of standing or walking – some repetitive hand or arm motions.
Controlled climate and low noise level. Since leather or footwear cannot move through the plants until released through the lab, there are often time constraints put on lab technicians from other departments.
Red Wing Shoe Company/S.B. Foot Tanning Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please. #CB
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Send This Job to a Friend
Red Wing, Minnnesota
Red Wing Shoes
S.B. Foot Tanning Co.
Red Wing Safety