Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Retail Jobs
Associate Software Developer - SharePoint
Take a look at the Red Wing Shoes video series.
Fit…It’s important in the shoes we make and in the people we hire. We have a long tradition (100 + years!) of making the most comfortable work and outdoor footwear. We’re poised for increased growth and we’re searching for some of the most talented professionals who will walk the exciting road with us.
It’s entrepreneurial spirit that started Red Wing Shoe Company and that same spirit spills out from our offices and facilities every day. We respect where we started and embrace new ideas that make us competitive in a global economy. We like to think outside the (shoe) box and value ideas and contributors who do the same. Is it time to try on something bigger where you'll have some room to grow?
Try this on for size:
We are looking for an Associate Software Developer to provide SharePoint support to the organization by being a liaison between Business Teams and the Business Technology team, performing needs analysis, implementation of SharePoint-based solutions, and supporting user needs on the system.
• Work with client departments to configure and maintain SharePoint site collections, document libraries, lists, and site pages.
• Support existing SharePoint implementation across the enterprise and work on future intranet collaborative, employee portal, and external facing site development projects.
• Perform SharePoint development, customization and integration efforts for enterprise solutions involving departmental collaboration sites, employee portals, enterprise search and content management, forms workflow, and business intelligence reporting.
• Promote user adoption through user and site manager training, consultation, and support of existing SharePoint functionality.
• Provide expert advice to departmental users and site collection managers regarding availability of SharePoint functionality to deliver requested business capabilities.
• Document business requirements, system design, test cases, and production changes and develop end-user training and reference materials.
• Work with content providers to ensure the integrity of the information provided on all intranet and public facing web sites.
• Develop solutions that primarily make use of SharePoint out of the box features but also extend those features through advanced customization, workflows and integration of other technologies with SharePoint.
• Works with vendor resources to achieve assigned goals on certain web development projects.
• Ensures planning, timely execution and proper resourcing of all project level work as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (following duties are required on all positions):
• Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of RWSC’s electronic communication software.
• Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organization quality system standards.
• Uphold Red Wing Shoe Company’s core values.
• Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, classes or programs.
• Conduct self according to RWSC policies/Handbook.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and zero to two years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrated experience using out-of-the-box solutions with SharePoint 2010 or 2013 including troubleshooting, design, development, and administration of SharePoint sites using best practices.
• Experience with Microsoft .NET software development.
• Understanding of Windows Server setup and configuration.
• Working knowledge of SQL and databases (SQL Server) in a production environment considered a plus.
• Understanding of Microsoft Web Services.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
• Identify, analyze and solve problems
• Communicate effectively with department personnel/all levels of personnel throughout the organization
• Achieve established deadlines and production levels
• Review production for accuracy
Primarily office environment.
On call availability 24x7.
Some travel required.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Send This Job to a Friend
Red Wing, Minnnesota
Red Wing Shoes
S.B. Foot Tanning Co.
Red Wing Safety