Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Retail Jobs
Retail Construction Manager
Fit…It’s important in the shoes we make and in the people we hire. We have a long tradition (110 + years!) of making the most comfortable work, outdoor and Heritage footwear. We’re poised for increased growth and we’re searching for some of the most talented professionals who will walk the exciting road with us.
It’s entrepreneurial spirit that started Red Wing Shoe Company and that same spirit spills out from our offices and facilities every day. We respect where we started and embrace new ideas that make us competitive in a global economy. We like to think outside the (shoe) box and value ideas and contributors that do the same. Is it time to try on something bigger where you'll have some room to grow?
Try this on for size:
We’re looking for a Retail Construction Manager to be responsible for the overall management of vendor partners during all phases of store design, permitting, and contractor-build functions for all projects, including: refreshes, remodels, expansions, relocations and new store openings. Ensure that all projects are completed on time, on budget and to a high quality conclusion. As the subject matter expert, work in collaboration with the Retail Development team and all field business partners/owners to achieve business goals and project objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• As the construction expert, professionally work with RWSC preferred Architect, Field Personnel, and RWSC Dealers to develop appropriate store specific plans consistent with current and approved Red Wing retail brand store concepts.
• Work closely with the Global Project Manager of Store Development (GPM) and Real Estate Lead to coordinate all planning, project phasing and lease requirements to facilitate an efficient and uninterrupted project flow.
• Complete accurately all required administrative and planning duties to ensure that all build out jobs are completed on time and on budget, maintaining internal project files at all times and providing consistent updates to project stakeholders using verbal, written and system-generated communication.
• Provide the technical expertise to manage all construction aspects/phases of store projects to ensure that all are completed in accordance with timelines and within pre-determined budget.
• Provide highly credible support, acting as liaison between all parties in the construction process (RWSC employees, dealers, architects, contractors, sub-contractors, vendors, suppliers, etc.), building relationships, applying efficient and transparent high standards to dealer and company store layouts through project planning, follow-up, design modifications, and timely completion.
• Directly manage General Contractors on a daily basis throughout project lifecycle from bidding to project completion, ensuring accurate pricing, adherence to construction timelines, and professional workmanship compliant with RWSC standards.
• Schedule and conduct on-site punchlist walk through for the completion of all store build-out projects. Ensure that last minute issues are resolved, high standards achieved and follow-up plans are made to guarantee a Certificate of Occupancy is obtained and all subsequent inspections are completed by the contractors maintaining timely/seamless store opening.
• Work closely with marketing and operations, through the use of the Retail Development Center and other avenues as needed, to develop, design and re-design store layouts including existing floor plans and proposed new concepts to position brand within changing retail landscape, achieving material quality, cost reduction and sales improvement.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Achieve higher levels of efficiency by challenging self and others to identify new options and alternatives for how we do business.
• Meet our client’s expectations on timeline commitments and quality work.
• Comply with all local, state and federal regulations to remain highly ethical and above reproach.
• Apply the same high standards and attention to all projects and all clients to enhance purchasing behavior and help improve return on investment
• Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of RWSC’s electronic communication software.
• Assist PM, Lease Administrator and others solving problems associated with store mechanical equipment (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.) promptly and efficiently.
• Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organization quality system standards
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, classes or programs.
• Conduct self according to RWSC policies/Handbook.
• Uphold Red Wing Shoe Company’s core values.
• Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
Internal: SVP Global Work, VP North America Sales and Operations, Region Operations Managers, Region Directors, Retail/Industrial Store Managers, Marketing Communications
External: Retail Investors, Vendors / suppliers, Dealerships, Contractors
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree (emphasis in Construction Management, Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering or other closely related disciplines preferred) and 3-5 years of relevant experiences in retail store planning/layout, field construction, retail store facility management, and retail store visual merchandise presentation or an equivalent combination of education and work experience as mentioned above to be the company’s construction subject matter expert. Knowledge required of current building systems, permitting processes, building codes, construction materials, construction methods/best practices, fixture design and real estate issues that affect construction results. Ability to produce high quality, on time and on budget project completion is requisite with preference given to candidates who have managed entire construction processes including estimating, scheduling, contract negotiations, safety and technical communication. Proven knowledge of design programs, such as Revit software, and examples of recent project work will be required during the candidate selection process.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills
• Ability to constructively challenge the status quo
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration, mentoring, and leadership skills
• Bias toward action and excellence in operational execution
• Aptitude to lead via influence
• Demonstrated ability to openly communicate with people at all levels of the organization, strong written and oral communication skills
• Initiative: Spots opportunities to make a contribution or improvement and acts on it appropriately.
• Results Oriented: Focuses effort on meeting or exceeding our business strategies, goals and expectations.
• Accountability: Accepts responsibility with regard to consequences of actions taken and can be relied upon to keep commitments.
• Our Company
• Customer Focus
• Fosters Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Communication and Collaboration
• Continuous Learning
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE:
Current experience with retail apparel-footwear, in-store merchandising and visual presentation.
Revit or similar design software
Valid Driver’s license
Office Environment. Approximately 25% travel as required. Ability to travel with short notice required.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please. #CB
Send This Job to a Friend
Red Wing, Minnnesota
Red Wing Shoes
S.B. Foot Tanning Co.
Red Wing Safety