Hours: Per Diem; Variable days of the week; TBD
Location: The Polyclinic First Hill Surgery Center
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Participates as part of the peri-operative team in assisting nursing staff in support services necessary for safe and efficient care of patients within the various areas of surgical services.
- Greets and accompanies patients to pre-operative area.
- Escorts visitors to waiting/pre-operative/PACU area as needed.
- Accompanies patients to their vehicles upon discharge.
- Performs basic clerical duties such as filing, answering the telephone and routing calls or taking messages.
- Assists with OR room turnover and maintains a clean and orderly patient environment throughout the department.
- Assists with PACU Phase 1 and Pre-Post turnover. Maintains a clean and orderly patient environment throughout the department.
- Equipment cleaning throughout FHSC
- Organization, supply coordination and stocking of materials and linens
- Assists with Quality Improvement as directed
- Respects patients’ rights.
- Demonstrates accountability and maintains strict compliance with patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND PERSONAL BEHAVIORS
1. Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills which promote a positive environment, teamwork and loyalty to the organization.
2. Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
3. In accordance with the ambulatory surgery center philosophy, presents behaviors and actions which create a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, physicians, vendors and Surgery Center staff.
4. Demonstrates behaviors and actions which support the mission, goals and operations of the Surgery Center that also contribute to continuous service improvement.
5. Exhibits flexibility, adapting readily to changes in the work environment and/or work schedule.
6. Maintains a positive attitude, even during periods of stress and challenge.
7. Maintains positive attendance and communicates in advance any absences from work.