||Executive Director - First Hill Surgery Center
Hours: Full Time; Monday - Friday; 8:00 - 5:00
Location: The Polyclinic First Hill Surgery Center
Under the direction of the First Hill Surgery Medical Director and the VP of Practice Management Specialties, the Executive Director is responsible for directing, managing and coordinating all aspects of the ASC in a manner which is consistent with the surgery
center’s mission vision and values. This position is the first line of interaction between the physicians that use the ASC and its operations.
This position will also report on at least a monthly basis to the Operating Council of First Hill Surgery Center LLC. First Hill Surgery Center is the Joint Venture between The Polyclinic and Swedish Health Services. The ASC Medical Director and VP of Practice
Management Specialties serve on the Operating Council of the Joint Venture. First Hill Surgery Center leases all of its employees from The Polyclinic.
- Recruit, hire the most qualified candidates for ASC positions.
- Communicate, implement, and follow personnel policies and procedures within areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate with Director of Personnel and Training and Vice President of Practice Management Specialties when issues arise regarding personnel policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Director of Perioperative services and physicians to define staffing and coverage requirements, and to assure that all requirements are met.
- Coordinate with the Director to assure that each new employee completes an orientation and that the employee performs the required duties of his/her job effectively and efficiently.
- Identify training needs of individuals and of groups of staff and ensure they are met.
Budget and Financial Performance
- Obtain input and feedback from physicians, staff, Medical Director and Vice President of Practice Management in the development of the overall budget.
- Participate with the Vice President of Practice Management Specialties in budget development and monitoring as they relate to the ASC.
- Participate in business development activities.
- Meet or exceed budgetary and financial goals.
- Participate, communicate and implement practice and business policies and procedures, and assure that staff functions within those policies and procedures.
- Understand and communicate the value of practice staff contribution to the overall performance of the organization.
- Identify and request supplies, equipment, technology and other resources necessary for high quality patient care and efficient function of the practices.
- Communicate and coordinate practice needs to the Vice President of Practice Management Specialties.
- Able to communicate and implement LEAN standards in operations.
- Able to effectively teach LEAN standards to staff
Quality Management / Patient Satisfaction
- Monitor and maintain the performance practice standards, and works with the physicians and staff to assure that defined targets standards for access, productivity, customer service and other business performance standards are met.
- Responds to customer complaints and concerns about the ASC, communicate those concerns to the Vice President of Practice Management Specialties when trends are identified, and implement appropriate actions to convert them into new policies and procedures.
- Document and report incidents and coordinate with the Vice President of Practice Management Specialties to assure that steps are taken to prevent recurrence.
- Assure that the activities within the ASC are in compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive QAPI Program
- Maintain a comprehensive Infection Control Program
- Act as a problem solving and decision making resource to staff and physician.
- Provide direction to the ASC in supporting the organization’s mission, vision, values and goals.
- Provide support to staff and physicians during periods of change.
- MD coordination and new physician onboarding.
- Act as a role model in providing customer- based service.
- Work to maintain high morale and job satisfaction among practice staff.
- Promote the development of self- directed teams among staff.
- Practice positive communication skills with physicians, staff, and other internal and external customers.
- Assume project leadership on nursing department strategic initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors of Science in Healthcare Administration, Business or Nursing degree is
required. Masters in Healthcare Administration, Business or Nursing strongly preferred.
At least 5 years of senior level leadership experience in an ambulatory or hospital environment.
One of the following is preferred:
Current license in Washington State as a Registered Nurse
Fellow in the College of Healthcare Executives, FACHE
Fellow in Management Group Management Association, FACMPE
Certified Administrator of Surgery Centers (CASC)
||Send This Job to a Friend