Job Title: Contract Accountant
Classification/Grade: Non - Exempt/Grade 11
UltiPro Job Code: ACACONT
Site/Program: Administration/Accounting Department
Reports To: Manager of Financial Reporting
Approved Date: May 23, 2013
Under the direction of the Manager of Financial Reporting, the Contract Accountant is responsible for the preparation of financial reports required by external funding entities. S/he has budgeting, accounting, and financial reporting responsibility for specific programs including the preparation of the annual internal budgets for the programs. This position may assist in performing other related financial reporting work as requested by the Manager of Financial Reporting. S/he will perform functions including internal financial reporting, analysis of program expenditures and service production, and provide internal audit support for all external audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages financial reporting of various contracts to ensure compliance with government contract terms, laws and regulations.
· Documents/maintains written procedures on how the required financial reports are to be prepared and completed.
· Develops program budgets, checking for consistency with current year-to-date results, prior year results, and available existing contract information. Attends the budget meetings with program managers as requested or required.
· Prepares budgets, financial reports and variance analysis for various funding sources as requested.
· Maintains an updated calendar of financial reporting due dates.
· Once the Board has approved the agency’s annual budget and monthly budgets are prepared, works with the Controller and Manager of Financial Reporting to upload the monthly budget information into SAGE/MAS 500 accounting system. Insures that the approved monthly and annual budgets have been uploaded correctly and completely.
· Assists the Billing Department to review cost and personnel allocations in accordance with contract budget and resolves any differences with appropriate staff.
· Works with Program Managers and other accountants to ensure that expenses are properly posted to the correct program, are in compliance with contract requirements for each program and those expenses are being incurred timely in order to maximize contract reimbursements where applicable.
· Assists the Manager of Financial Reporting in preparing budget revision requests, budget amendments, negotiation packages, and interim and yearend cost reporting as necessary.
· Assists in the preparation of journal entries to adjust expense coding to accurately reflect program financial results. Coordinates with the Manager of Financial Reporting and Billing Department to ensure this process happens accurately.
· Meets with the Program Managers as appropriate to review year-to-date financial results (budget to actual) for the programs that they manage. Insures that the Program Managers’ internal records match the general ledger data.
· Works with the Manager of Financial Reporting, the Controller and the CFO, as necessary, to develop and implement accounting systems and policies.
· Prepares annual audit schedules for government contracts as requested.
· Prepares reports due to funders, as appropriate.
· Attends required contract monitoring meetings.
· Assists the Manager of Financial Reporting to maintain the Staffing Matrix and insures the integrity of the data on the Matrix.
· Initiates changes to processes and procedures that standardizes contract management and improves efficiency and automation.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings to provide input towards program development and staff training.
· Reports to work on time and maintains reliable and regular attendance.
· Models Pacific Clinics’ approach, mission and core values in all communication and correspondence.
· Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.