Job Title: Drop-In Center Worker
Classification/Grade: Non-Exempt/Grade 1
Reports To: Drop-In Center Coordinator/Program Director
Approved Date: October 19, 2011
Under the supervision of the Drop-In Center Coordinator and program supervisors will meet and greet consumers, advocate for consumer needs, manage the clinic “mini mart”, assist clinic staff during Drop-In center activities, maintain the order and cleanliness of the Drop-In Center and promote activities as well as encourage consumer participation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains a visitor log, announce member arrival to the appropriate staff member and assist members in feeling comfortable at the Agency’s Drop-In Center.
· Assists clients in acquiring hygiene and clothing items within program limitations. Assists members in utilizing Drop-In Center resources. Prepares coffee for clients and light meals when requested by clinic staff.
· Stocks, maintains and sells merchandise. Records and manages money exchanges.
· Assists with preparation, set-up or co-facilitation of activities when requested by clinic staff.
· Janitorial duties including maintaining beverage area, kitchen area, donations closet and community areas. Employee will be provided with a daily checklist.
· Assists group facilitator during scheduled group times and initiate daily activities in order to engage members in socialization. Employee will be encouraged to develop and facilitate activities such as free art, games and cooking exercises.
· Interacts with other internal programs, clinical/support staff and external sources such as school or community personnel as applicable.
· Responsible for reporting to work on time and maintaining reliable attendance in accordance with Agency policy.
· Models Pacific Clinics’ approach, mission and core values in all communication and correspondence.
· Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.