Job Title: Data Entry Clerk
Classification/Grade: Non Exempt/Grade 3
UltiPro Job Code: RVDCLK
Reports To: Data Entry Supervisor/Manager
Approved Date: February 13, 2012
Under the direction of the Data Entry Supervisor/Manager, the responsibilities of this position include (but not limited to): enter NCR’s billings in 837 CDT, approve e*clinic billings, reconcile billing entries with all data systems and progress notes in the chart, prepare document for error corrections, complete Critical Error Report and IS Rejected Claims Report, update information in data systems, communicate with clinicians, case managers, psychiatrists and nurses etc. regarding corrections on Progress Notes, sort and file NCR billings according to Pacific Clinics standard. Other duties may include: open and close cases; contact other community agencies regarding SFPR and UMDAP; assist in chart financial reviews and financial ledger reviews, print and file Medi-Cal Eligibility, research for billing errors, etc. This position may require working additional hours based on clinics’ needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Meets with Data Entry Supervisor/Manager regularly to report work progress.
· Enters/approves billings, outcomes and COS data in appropriate systems in a timely and accurate manner.
· Prints Data Entry Report daily to double check data entry accuracy. Submit Data Entry Report to supervisor for review.
· Reconciles billing entries with all data systems and progress notes in the chart.
· Completes error reports and prepare document for error correction before deadlines.
· Communicates with clinicians, case managers, psychiatrists and nurses regarding corrections on progress notes.
· Sorts and files billing document according to Pacific Clinics standard.
· Performs five (5) Chart Financial Review per week, ensures that all progress notes are in the chart and billing information is matching with those in IS. Prepares void or void and replace request when necessary.
· Reviews five (5) client Financial Ledgers per week, make sure client Medi-Cal Eligibility printouts, PFI, and all other necessary documents are filed in a timely manner.
· Provides assistance in researching and copying document when requested.
· Provides backup support to front office upon requested.
· Attends job-related training when offered by Pacific Clinics Institute.
· Participates in site activities.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings to provide input towards program development and staff training.
· Interacts with other internal programs, clinical/support staff and external sources such as school or community personnel as applicable.
· Follows HIPAA policy, maintain all data entry work area organized and follow Pacific Clinics standard.
· Depending on the program and site location, this position may require to:
a. Open and close cases in all data systems.
b. Enter Outcome, COS, ADPA, HUD APR/HMIS data in appropriate systems.
c. Maintain Medi-Cal Eligibility batch file, print and file monthly Medi-Cal Eligibility printouts.
d. Contact other community agencies regarding SFPR and UMDAP, etc.
e. Update information in appropriate systems.
f. Research for billing errors, reconcile billings and perform financial ledger review.
g. Travel and work at other Pacific Clinics site locations.
h. Provide coverage for front office support such as answering phones, greeting clients, assist program staff, etc. at specific times.
- Responsible for reporting to work on time and maintaining reliable attendance in accordance with Agency policy.
· Models Pacific clinics’ approach, mission and core values in all communication and correspondence.
· Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.