||BTD Manufacturing, Inc.
||BTD_Production Support 1
BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 900+ employees work from five facilities throughout the Midwest. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our
clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary: (Weekend 1st shift) Support production in any tooling repair or trouble shooting applications
1. Reads all measurement tools.
2. Applies various setups on the tool room equipment, to accomplish basic machining methods.
3. Pulls dies apart, disassembles, and reassembles as needed.
4. Analyzes tools that are affecting the efficient function of production.
5. Improvises, as needed, in repairing tooling in immediate production situations. Also follows through to insure the tool is fully repaired for long-term use after the immediate situation is resolved.
6. Communicates to other shift lead personnel die issues that were handled during the support shift.
7. Assists with new builds and miscellaneous tooling when production allows the opportunity. Communicates with appropriate shift lead personnel to exchange information concerning the onset, progress or completion of tooling work.
8. Operates grinders to sharpen die sections and punches. Squares up blocks and puts shears on die components.
9. Grinds down punch blanks to replace broken punches. Produces or reproduces applicable various shapes and configurations.
10. Uses the welder and acetylene torch when necessary.
11. Communicates with any production personnel to accomplish job functions.
12. Performs all duties in a safe manner, complying with safety rules and regulations.
13. Keeps work area safe and clean.
14. Uses Axapta software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required: At least three years of recent related mechanical and shop experience and two years of previous tooling experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
1. Strong working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in production tooling operations.
2. Working knowledge of production process, and metal fabrication machines, which aid in the overall understanding of die maintenance.
3. Strong knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
4. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch
or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability
to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. "Z"
||Send This Job to a Friend