Are you looking to start your career? Or are you are looking to stay busy while earning a little extra dough? Well if you answered yes to either of these questions and you have a hankering for helping people you may want to consider a job in your local Orchard Supply Hardware store. We are always accepting applications for Cashiers, Sales, Pick-up and Receiving. While we may not have an immediate opening, we still want to know about you.
Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
The Stocking Associate has the important job of making sure the product gets out of the backroom and on to the sales floor so it is available for purchase by our customers. They must make sure the product is stocked in the proper location(s) and that it has the appropriate pricing label and or ad sign. The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with people, can work under pressure, and most importantly has a positive can-do attitude.
· Acknowledge all customers while working on the sales floor, offer assistance when needed or find a Sales Associate for further assistance.
· Responsible for “Blue CIL” (Cross merchandising) integrity
· Responsible for completing the Productivity Tracker
· Responsible for achieving productivity goals Work with the Price Change Clerk and Merchandise Lead to ensure all proper signage is in place
· Ensure that all merchandise is in the correct location(s)
· Process all Return To Warehouse (RTW) and Inter Company
· Transfer ( ICT) requests Communicate with Inventory Lead or Assistant Manager on items that do not fit on a POG
· Control shrink/loss
· Prepare the store for physical inventory