Certified Paint Specialist
The Certified Paint Specialist will assist customers in a professional and timely manner. They will assess the customer’s needs, recommend a solution and product(s) and communicate a compelling case for the customer to make a purchase. Additionally, they will work to ensure the department is in-stock and customer ready at all times.
1. Ensure that service to all customers in the Paint Department is provided in a professional and timely manner. This includes building a bond with the customers, learning about their project or repair through listening and asking questions, recommending a solution and product, and closing the sale. Additionally, this position requires matching of colors and accurate mixing of paint.
2. Ensure the Paint Department is always customer ready. This includes ensuring the area is stocked appropriately at all times, working to quickly resolve out-of-stock issues, all equipment is functioning and in good working order. Additionally, is responsible for ensuring the area is always safe and in compliance with Orchard safety standards.
3. Drive sales in the Paint Department. This includes understanding the departments sales plan and budget, ensuring all promotions are properly signed, completing product resets per company specifications as required.
4. Assist the Certified Paint Lead in conducting weekend paint clincs or other events to drive the business. This may include determining the subject matter (based on common customer needs), presenting information on the products we sell, and answering all customer questions in a professional manner.
5. Attend all company required training meetings and complete all required certification programs required for the Certified Paint Specialist.
6. Prepares and participates in the inventory process for the Paint Department.