Are you looking to be the CEO of your own store? Do you know the many uses of duct tape? Do you have at least one green thumb? Well if you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to consider starting a career with Orchard Supply Hardware. Orchard has been around California since 1931.
We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. If you are energetic, innovative, great with customers, and experienced at managing people we are looking for you. And don't worry about having a green thumb or knowing all the uses of duct tape, the experts of Orchard enjoy sharing their knowledge day in and day out.
As Orchard continues to grow, we are continually looking for qualified individuals with retail store management experience that are looking for new challenges and career growth. Due to the nature of the retail environment the ideal candidate for a management position at Orchard will have the ability to relocate within California to take on the next new and exciting challenge.
The Store Manager is literally the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of their store. They are responsible for profitably managing the store through positively influencing sales and controlling expenses. He/she defines the standard of performance for his/her store, clearly communicates that expectation to all associates, and evaluates the execution of that performance. The Store Manager is responsible for managing the performance level of all salaried managers. He/she directly supervises, develops, and evaluates the Assistant Managers.
- Drive customer service level throughout the store to ensure customer service meets company expectations.
- Demonstrate respect for associates. Build and maintain morale; demonstrate OSH People Philosophy.
- Execute policies and procedures according to company direction and follow all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Continually communicate by walking the store and executing district and operation goals. Ensure weekly store management and department manager team meetings are held.
- Drive the store’ s safety culture. Manage the entire Risk Management program to company guidelines. Ensure Safety Committee Meets regularly and is effective.
- Build sales and improve gross margin. Ensure that Assistant Managers drive the business results for their individual area of responsibility. Develop and adhere to store budget and do everything possible to meet or exceed the plan.
- Control shrink by training, communicating, observing and evaluating entire store’ s execution of shrink control measure.
- Manage payroll and expenses. Ensure payroll is managed to budget and that schedules provide for the best customer service and overall store operation possible.
- Provide a clean, neat, and well-stocked place to shop. Merchandise in stock with the correct presentation and register ready.
- Manage the performance of all salaried managers. Develop entire staff, write manager schedules and select and train Key Carriers.
- Responsible for controlling and maintaining Store overnight security; i.e., door alarms, management call lists, store alarms, door keys, and safe combinations.