Sales Associates are the go-to person in the store for our customers looking to fix that leaky faucet, match the paint of Aunt Gertrude’s living room to do some touch-up, or figure out why their prized rose bush isn’t blooming. The ideal candidate for Sales Associate is inquisitive, energetic, has a desire to learn and most importantly has a passion to serve customers. What does passion to serve mean at Orchard? It’s pretty simple; Sales Associates need to engage with all of our customers, get an understanding of their needs and do everything possible to ensure they leave totally satisfied with their shopping experience. With that a successful Sales Associate will have customers returning for their future hardware and home improvement needs.
1. Provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance.
2. Continually build product knowledge for their assigned department to be able to answer customer questions, provide product features and benefits, and build an understanding of related products to be able to sell a solution to the customer.
3. Maintain in-stock within the assigned department, communicate issues with product availability or overstock to the Department Lead or store management.
4. Ensure the assigned department is always kept clean and all products are easily accessible to customers.
5. Assist in other areas of the store as required. There are no boundaries when providing customer service.
6. Prepare for and assist with store inventory