Are you looking to start your career? Or are you are looking to stay busy while earning a little extra dough? Well if you answered yes to either of these questions and you have a hankering for helping people you may want to consider a job in your local Orchard Supply Hardware store. We are always accepting applications for Cashiers, Sales, Pick-up and Receiving. While we may not have an immediate opening, we still want to know about you.
Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
The Cashier is the last person in the store to have the opportunity to build a bond with our customers. This position is responsible for providing friendly and efficient checkout services to our customers. Checkout does not mean just taking the customer’s money; it also includes ensuring the customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with people, can work under pressure, is inquisitive, and most importantly has a positive can-do attitude.
1. Provide customers with efficient and friendly checkout services and ensure that they are leaving the store satisfied with their shopping experience.
2. Help answer customer questions or find another associate to assist the customer.
3. Answer store phone calls (as required), ensure customer calls are handled in a friendly and expedient fashion.
4. Maintain a clean and safe checkout area.
5. Assist the Customer Service desk with department product returns, sweeping and corralling shopping carts, and product stocking or front facing.