||Assistant Store Manager
||CA - VISALIA
||Southern Central Valley
||Full-time salary (40+ hrs/wk)
Are you looking to be the CEO of your own store? Do you know the many uses of duct tape? Do you have at least one green thumb? Well if you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to consider starting a career with Orchard Supply Hardware. Orchard has been around California since 1931.
We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. If you are energetic, innovative, great with customers, and experienced at managing people we are looking for you. And don't worry about having a green thumb or knowing all the uses of duct tape, the experts of Orchard enjoy sharing their knowledge day in and day out.
As Orchard continues to grow, we are continually looking for qualified individuals with retail store management experience that are looking for new challenges and career growth. Due to the nature of the retail environment the ideal candidate for a management position at Orchard will have the ability to relocate within California to take on the next new and exciting challenge.
Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager is literally the Vice President of the store. He/she is directly responsible for ensuring and overseeing the implementation of merchandising, operations and human resources programs and directives for an assigned area of the store. Through proper supervision and delegation of assignments to Department Leads and other store associates, he/she drive sales through ensuring sales floor readiness, visual and marketing programs are properly executed, ensuring total customer satisfaction and creating a positive and energetic working environment for store associates.
- Oversees customer service by communicating customer service expectations to store employees, observing interactions between employees and customers, and evaluating the service level to ensure customer service meets company expectations. Handle and resolve escalated customer complaints and related issues.
- Ensure Department Leads maintain proper stock levels, merchandise presentation, signing, and pricing of merchandise throughout the store.
- Analyze store operational processes and business reports to pinpoint opportunities and to problem solve issues related to replenishment and store operations.
- Ensure Department Leads are building sales and improving gross margin for their areas. Implement Store Manager or Region Management’s directions to drive sales and margin growth.
- Oversee merchandising activities of associates, ensuring consistency and compliance.
- Responsible for controlling shrink by training, communicating, observing and evaluating the execution of shrink control measures by Department Leads.
- Plan and manage payroll and expenses by overseeing the Department Leads schedules for their departments to ensure they drive business results for their areas and manage store expenses.
- Recruit, select, hire, coach, and develop strong and effective lead associates. Develop a diverse, high performing team.
- Take action as needed to ensure that all associates fully contribute to the store efforts. Supervise the performance level of the store staff.
- Manage HR transaction processes in staffing, on-boarding, and training; and assist in action plans to improve performance. Identify talent, coach, train and take an active role in the development of associates and future leaders.
- Ensure that the store operates in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies. Assist Store Manager with planning/forecasting store budget to help store meet or exceed the plan. Responsible for workplace and store security. Protect company assets (human, financial, product, physical plant, and proprietary).
- College degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years management experience preferably in a multi-outline retail home improvement/hardware chain
- Working knowledge of a PC, and POS systems
- Financial literacy
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Multi-task oriented
- Reliable and consistent attendance
- Ability to respond positively to supervision and criticism
- Ability to work harmoniously and productively with others
- Ability to work in stressful situations with the public and management
- Ideal candidate must have the ability to relocate within an assigned region/area.
||Send This Job to a Friend