||OSES - Tool Maintenance Tech
||POSITION SUMMARY: Provides labor and skilled support for assigned product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Abides by all Oil States Energy Services, LLC Safety and Operational Policies and Procedures.
· Performs routine maintenance on tools and supporting equipment.
· Inspects and maintains equipment, checks operating conditions, and logs repair needs.
· May perform maintenance jobs as required, as well as preventative maintenance.
· May provide assistance to assigned mechanic as needed.
· Rebuilds broken equipment and replace parts in accordance with specifications.
· Assemble and disassemble universal tools.
· Maintain required and related records as necessary.
· Track and record equipment test results.
· Complete work orders, list materials issued and used and submit paperwork with appropriate personnel.
· May perform basic inventory and basic preparation of tools and equipment.
· Replaces expendable parts, gaskets, seals, lines, fittings, etc.
· Hot Shots: Delivers and picks up equipment from vendors or job site.
· Test or refit equipment off the shelf.
· Pressure washes equipment with a high temperature/high pressure washer.
· Paints (or removes paint from) equipment within the confines of a paint booth equipped with exhaust fan and respirator.
· Maintains paint booth.
· Load and unload freight.
· May assist on well site locations as needed/required.
· Pressure tests equipment in controlled environment from behind a blast wall; subsequently completes documentation of pressure test or certification of equipment.
· Operates heavy equipment including a forklift, overhead crane, and break-out vise.
· Operates powered and standard hand tools (grinding equipment, buffing threads, etc.).
· Recognizes problems while cleaning and dressing tools and reports to supervisor for corrective action.
· Keeps shop and equipment clean and organized by performing basic housekeeping and maintenance duties.
· Other duties as assigned.
||KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be able to travel for extensive amount of days and be on call 24/7.
· Must maintain a safe driving record as required by company policy.
· Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
· Must have mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills.
· General knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
· Operate materiel handling equipment such as hand trucks, forklifts, hoists and overhead cranes.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Ability to use all related equipment and maintenance tools.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram forms. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
· 3-6 months related experience or training in Oil and Gas industry preferred.
· Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to read and write English.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
· Must be able to frequently lift and move materials up to 75 pounds.
· Requires standing, walking, and the use of hands to finger, handle or feel. Also requires pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, carrying, sitting, climbing, balancing, reaching with hands and arms, for extended periods of time each day.
· Exposure to shop contaminates such as oils, chemical cleaners and paint.
· May be required to pass pulmonary function test to wear proper respirator.
· Requires safety glasses, steel toe boots and ear plugs to be worn at all times.
· Requires exposure to warm, hot and cold temperatures.
· Requires exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend