||OSES - Field Service Technician
||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Abides by all Oil States Energy Services, LLC Safety and Operational Policies and Procedures, and abide by all DOT requirements. Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
• Must abide by all Customer Safety policies and procedures while on customers job site.
• Installs, repairs, removes and maintains various company tools and equipment, and exhibit proficiency within a six month period.
• Drives and operates mobile crane truck, pickup and trailer to deliver tools over state lines up to 70% of the time depending on district location, and exhibit proficiency within a six month period
• Drives company vehicle on a daily basis in a safe manner, observing all company and government regulations, between each district and off site locations at scheduled time.
• Regularly inspects company equipment for preventative maintenance purposes. Assures proper operation, maintenance, applications and document repairs and/or damages of company equipment in a timely manner.
• Completes all paperwork on a daily basis in a timely manner as required by company and supervisor, including preparation and timely submission of accurate and thorough completion of job reports, driving logs, trip reports and call sheets.
• Performs maintenance and reports on all company vehicles, and/or company owned and rental equipment.
• May oversee job site services and provide direction to onsite labor when needed.
• Assists in job action planning with customer on location.
• Ensures proper delivery of product.
• Assists in the shop and make deliveries when available.
• Assists in pre-job safety meetings to include review of job safety analysis (JSA) process.
• Maintains open lines of communication with District Manager and Operations District before, during and after job completion. Ensures management is appropriately informed of area activities and attends meetings as required.
• Maintains open lines of communication with various customers regarding job updates, problems, tool procedures, and hazards on job site locations.
• Learn SOP’s and work instructions per respective product line.
• Learn hand signals for job site (crane operation and vehicles).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Production Services - With a focus on High Pressure Fluid Pumps.
• Step One (6 months minimum):
o Learn functions and mechanic of the equipment used in the multiple services provided in Production Services to include weco iron, lo-torq valves, gate valves, sand knockouts, debris-catchers, manual chokes, hydraulic chokes, frac support equipment, high pressure
pumps and BOP’s as specific to service provided to customer.
o Learn SOP processes and work instructions for the multiple services provided in the Production Services Product Line per specific district.
o Learn how to operate overhead crane, forklift and necessary hand tools.
o Complete third party Well Control program.
• Step Two (6 months minimum):
o Operate the equipment used in the multiple services provided in Production Services to include weco iron, lo-torq valves, gate valves, sand knockouts, debris-catchers and manual chokes, hydraulic chokes, frac support equipment, high pressure pumps and BOP’s
as specific to service provided to customer with minimal supervision.
o May assist in the operation of other types of production service equipment.
o Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment in the field.
o Must have certifications to operate overhead cranes, forklifts and other necessary equipment.
o Must be able to communicate with managers, Service Company, third party monitors and company personnel on location.
o Must be proficient with the various tech-fact books.
o Must be computer proficient.
o Learn the operation procedures, processes and materials used by the various service companies on location.
• Step Three (18 months minimum):
o Operate the equipment used in the multiple services provided in Production Services to include weco iron, lo-torque valves, gate valves, sand knockouts, debris-catchers and manual chokes, hydraulic chokes, frac support equipment, high pressure pumps and BOP’s
as specific to service provided to customer without supervision.
o Training and mentoring FST’s in step one and two.
o Must be able to perform field calculations for specific service provided.
o Trouble shoot field issues and make decisions independently.
o Proficient to handle blowout environment.
o Direct communication with managers, Service Company, third party monitors and Company personnel on job progress, operations, etc…
o Responsible for all field documentation including field ticket signatures.
o Knowledgeable of the operation procedures, processes and materials used by the various service companies on location.
||KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Must be proficient with a computer/laptop.
• Ability to work and drive in all weather conditions.
• Ability to travel to other facilities, if required.
• Ability to think quickly in emergency type of situations on job site locations.
• Ability to operate hand tools.
• Basic math and algebra skills.
• Must have mechanical abilities.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Familiar with tools and equipment utilized by company, preferred.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Must be able to travel for extensive amount of days and be on call 24/7.
• Must maintain a safe driving record as prescribed by company policy.
• Must successfully pass pre- and post-employment drug and alcohol tests per company policy.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSES
• Valid class A CDL driver’s license or ability to obtain a class A CDL with airbrake endorsement within 3-6 months of employment per product line requirements.
• Upon receiving a class A CDL license, must maintain and carry a current D.O.T. medical card at all times.
• • Must be able to frequently lift and move materials up to 49 pounds or less unassisted. Anything 50 lbs. or more requires mechanical assistance or a team lift.
• Requires pushing and pulling up to 140 pounds of force, bending, standing, kneeling, carrying, sitting, climbing for extended periods of time each day.
• Requires appropriate PPE to be worn; safety glasses, steel toe boots, ear plugs etc.…
• Requires exposure to moderate noise levels.
• Exposure to warm, hot and cold temperatures.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend