||PR & Communications Specialist
||The PR & Communications Specialist will work closely with the Vice President of Corporate Communications in New York to manage all aspects of public relations and corporate communications for National CineMedia (NCM), America’s Movie Network.
The PR & Communications Specialist will be a key member of the communications team, supporting key initiatives including (1) building relationships with trade, business and consumer media for NCM’s cinema advertising and digital businesses to maximize awareness
of National CineMedia, (2) developing and managing NCM’s social media channels, blog and other content marketing outlets, and (3) working with NCM’s internal teams to create effective employee communications programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the Vice President of Corporate Communications in developing and implementing both external and internal communications strategies and plans;
• Community manager and content creator for NCM’s social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Blog, etc.);
• Develop PR materials including press releases, infographics, talking points, pitches, byline articles, internal company announcements, etc.;
• Support daily media relations activities and foster relationships with target media influencers;
• Monitor, analyze and interpret media coverage data to assist in determining success of overall PR efforts;
• Manage media contact and coverage database;
• Manage the communications-related sections of NCM’s Intranet and the Press section of NCM’s public website;
• Pitch company executives to participate in various industry speaking opportunities;
• Maintain and manage vendor relationships;
• Collaborate with broader Marketing, Sales and People & Organization teams to support cross-functional activities and projects
||• A passion for advertising, entertainment and the movies, with a keen interest in industry news and trends.
• Excellent writing skills – the ability to create both traditional business communications and engaging social media copy.
• College degree in Communications or Marketing preferred, or equivalent work experience with proven success.
• 3 – 5 years of relevant professional experience preferred.
• Proficient in using online tools for tracking media, social media and competitive intelligence.
• Ability to use statistics and related information to draw educated conclusions.
• Proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Adobe software.
• Familiarity with Cision media database management systems.
• A professional image on the phone, in person and in written communications.
• Detail oriented, proficient at time management and multi-tasking.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment — both independently and collaboratively.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend