The Social Media Specialist reports directly to the Assistant Manager, Brand & Consumer Marketing in a small, nimble team lead by the Sr. Director, Brand & Consumer Marketing. The Social Media Specialist will drive social media growth and engagement by managing
paid and organic campaigns as they relate to Brand & Consumer Marketing initiatives. The person in this role will also work closely with the PR Coordinator and VP of Corporate Communications to determine strategy for NCM’s B2B social media pages.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, creative, analytical, and can work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Passion for movies, excellent creative writing skills, and a friendly, enthusiastic attitude are critical attributes for success in
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and implement growth and engagement strategy using paid and organic content for our 2 consumer-facing social channels to hit established goals:
o Noovie (60%): Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
o Fantasy Movie League (30%): Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
• Collaborate with PR Coordinator and VP of Corporate Communications on corporate communications social strategy and implementation
o Corporate (10%): NCM (parent company) & Cannes Lions: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter
• Manage social media marketing budget and relationship with social media buying and optimizing agency
• Monitor, analyze, and interpret social media campaign performance data to determine the success of marketing and communications strategies
• Lead social media initiatives with teams of NCM’s movie studio and advertising partners to create unified strategies
• Collaborate with broader Marketing, Sales, and Human Resources teams to support cross-functional activities and projects
• Regularly report social media results both internal and external stakeholders
• Monitor social channels off-hours (nights and weekends)
• A passion and well-established knowledge base of the movies and entertainment
• Excellent writing skills – the ability to create engaging, personality-filled social media copy
• College degree in Communications or Marketing preferred, or equivalent work experience with proven success
• 2 – 5 years of relevant professional experience preferred
• High proficiency using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite (or other social media management tools)
• Proficiency using MS Office & Photoshop
• Proficient in using online tools for tracking media and competitive intelligence
• Ability to use statistics and related information to draw educated conclusions
• Detail-oriented, proficient at time management and multi-tasking
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment — both independently and collaboratively
• Experience working effectively with various working styles and personalities
• Working style that aligns with NCM’s core corporate values:
o Passion for Movies
Experience and Training:
Any combination of the following experience and training (designated as required and/or preferred) that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Experience: 2 – 5 years of relevant professional experience preferred.
Education: College degree in Communications or Marketing preferred, or equivalent work experience with proven success.
Licensure / Certification: None required
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To request an accommodation, please
contact Human Resources at (303) 792-8899 or email: HR@ncm.com.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41