The Senior Internal Auditor reports to the VP of Internal Audit and is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, SOX framework assessments, controls testing and process risk assessments to support the Annual Internal Audit Plan. This responsibility
includes: developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed; and, documenting processes, identifying financial reporting risks, defining controls, developing
test plans and assessing the design and effectiveness of the SOX framework. The auditor must have excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for meetings quality and schedule standards when completing assigned internal audits, SOX work, risk management and other projects of varying complexity and scope; including: financial, operational, strategic, technology and compliance.
• Performs audits and assignments in conformance with the International Professional Practices Framework of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Applies problem-solving methods and data analysis to identify business issues. Writes clear meaningful audit comments and recommendations for action by management. Ensures project reports are issued timely and with high quality.
• Demonstrates high quality verbal and written communication. Regularly works with various levels of Company management and keeps IA and management informed of engagement status and important issues as they arise.
• Assesses the impact of observations and presents them in a persuasive and confident manner; evaluates the extent of mitigating or compensating controls. Writes clear, concise, and meaningful reports and issue summaries. Identifies themes across multiple projects.
• Contributes to the operation and management of the IA Department including assessment, implementation and maintenance of electronic workpaper and audit/SOX management tools (i.e. AuditProdigy, AuditBoard, Teammate, etc.)
• Proactively develops business partnerships with management and develops technical expertise and company knowledge to become a relied upon partner for management.
• Demonstrated team management and project management experience, including facilitating meetings and following-up on action items.
• Pursues continuous professional development through training, certifications and education.
• Views changes (i.e. systems, processes, responsibilities, risk environments, etc.) as an opportunity to excel.
• +5 years internal audit experience required.
• Knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures.
• Strong experience in Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing.
• Understanding and application of the Institute of Internal Audit Standards.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio). Knowledge of data analytics software a plus.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to present difficult audit findings and gain consensus.
• Negotiation skills.
• Every team member of NCM is expected to understand and consistently demonstrate our following core values:
o Passion for Movies
Experience and Training:
• Experience: +5 years internal audit experience required. Strong experience in Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, testing and framework assessment is required.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business program. Advanced degree (e.g. master's, etc.) a plus.
• Licensure / Certification: CIA or CPA required, other certifications are a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To request an accommodation, please
contact Human Resources at (303) 792-8899 or email: HR@ncm.com.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41