||Accounts Payable Specialist
||Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reporting to: Director, Finance
Summary: This position is primarily responsible for receiving, verifying, processing and reconciling invoices and purchase orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process purchase order requests ensuring proper authorization and approvals are obtained
• Match purchase orders with invoices, ensure goods received before issuance of payments
• Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing
stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests
• Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Create AP related reports upon request
• Resolve any accounts payable issues or concerns that arise with vendors
• Perform other duties as assigned