||This is an exciting opportunity to join Menzies Aviation and establish an in-house tax function in the US working closely with the Group Tax team in the UK.
It is a newly created position and the role offers a talented and ambitious tax professional with a broad range of technical work and the opportunity to shape the future of the US tax function within the business. The role is US based however the opportunity
exists for the individual to get involved in the management of the Group’s tax affairs in South/Central America and the Caribbean. We are looking for an individual who will get involved in the day to day detail of the Group’s tax payment and filing obligations
but who can also take a strategic view of Group’s US tax profile.
Main accountabilities include:
• Overall responsibility for all US taxes to which the Group is subject including federal, state and local taxes, sales & use taxes, franchise taxes, excise taxes and fuel taxes.
• Monthly/quarterly filing of state sales & use taxes and excise fuel taxes (federal and state).
• Filing refund claims for “off highway usage” and double payment of excise tax at a federal level.
• Working with our external tax advisers (a Big 4 accountancy firm) to ensure an accurate and efficient Federal and State tax compliance process, including provision of tax-related information.
• Manage all tax-related audits.
• Primary contact, in relation to the US, for the Group’s internal and external auditors on all US tax matters including compliance, key strategic projects and tax planning.
• Liaise with the US business to explain the tax impacts of business strategies and answer tax queries from the business.
• Identify and implement processes to increase the efficiency of the Group’s US tax function.
• Management of the effective tax rate in the US, and responsibility for identifying any US tax issues, in conjunction with the Group Tax Team in the UK.
• Advising the Group on the US tax aspects of acquisitions, new start-ups, disposals, group restructurings etc. and generally providing strategic tax advice.
• Detailed input into group tax forecasts on a regular basis.
• Lead the documentation and execution of the Group’s US transfer pricing policies including working with our external tax advisers.
• Ensure compliance with, and the identification of any opportunities arising from, the December 2017 US tax reforms.
||• We are looking for a qualified CPA with a solid demonstrable experience working in progressively responsible US corporate tax roles either within a “Big 4” accountancy firm or the US tax function of large multi-national groups.
• The individual will have excellent tax accounting and advisory skills backed up by a pro-active approach to US federal and state tax planning.
• Excellent communication and business partnering skills are also essential.
• Proficiency in Finance and Microsoft Software to include: Word, Excel, Power Point as well as financial reporting software.
• Strong Leadership and people management skills.
||Send This Job to a Friend